Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Gun Deer Contest
 Official Team 7 Thread....! >

Official Team 7 Thread....!

Community

Official Team 7 Thread....!

Old 11-17-2005, 10:17 AM

Default RE: Official Team 7 Thread....!

I would post that buck!

Is that a BLD? It looks like one! I have one of them too.

Congrats on the buck!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys. I taped him last night and am suprised he actuallylarger than my intial rough score, he has good beams/tines, average mass but what threw me was his inside spread.I am waiting for my partner to get back later this week so he can come up with a number..till I make it official. Its what we always do.

MD, I fleshed him that night for a euro mount and froze him so I could do it after season closes. Not to sure a pic at this stage would be welcomed! To be honest I don't see why it should matter, I personally wouldn't enter a deer I never shot! For that matter what prevents any contestants from entering a buddies deer that is bigger than theirs! To me it is an honor thing and wouldn't lay claim if I didn't harvest it. I never even thought about hunting by myself in terms of the rules in this contests, for deer it is pretty much what myself and my hunting buds do. If I would have shot him near home the wife could have snapped a photo but being I was 3 hours from that I did what I could. If that isn't enough for the powers...oh well!!

Moose, yes it's a LH 700 BDL Custom Chambered in a 7mm rem mag topped with a 3.5x10x44 Zeiss Conquest. I took this buck with handloaded 150 gr NBT, one shot with no steps once again was the result.

Best of luck guys.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:51 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm flying back to Texas tomorrow, and will hunt from 11/19-11/27. Hopefully I can add to our team totals.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Either way, Awesome Buck! Congrats....

Good luck Lhook...less than 36 hours and i will be in the woods for opening morningg....!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM

Good luck to you MDManiac! Where are you in NY? I spent 2 years (89-90)in Rome at Griffiss AFB.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Best luck guys...go get em'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted a pic in the braggin/pic post and asked JR if it would be acceptable. Hopefully he'll respond. If not sorry guys. I borrowed my sisters digital camera as mine is away being repaired and assumed it would have a timer[&:].

I have borrowed a camera that does have a timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, lord willing I'llmay another chance, if they deem this not acceptable...[:-]
Old 11-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Heading out early for the opener here in WI fellas. It's a little bit of a bummer though, bought the woman a new Weatherby two weeks ago and had her set up on real nice valley 100 yds to my east, but she got stuck working all weekend. I'll do my best to keep ya'll posted, if not before, I'll try to check in Sunday night.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

How's everyone doing????

I never made it out this weekend due to work but hope to get out a few more times before season closes.

I officially scored my buck today at 160 2/8ths grossand entered it..so hopefully we'll be on the board.

Good luck all
Old 11-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, I scored on a nice buck Sat around 12:30, he came out chasing 5 doe. I didn't havea shot at first, but my uncle took 3 shots at him and grazed one of his hams as he was about to dive into the river and head for another property. He came hauling arse back towards where I could see him again and have a shot. He stopped behind some red brush and was looking at the river and the thicker marsh. He took a couple steps, and I let drive with the Weatherby.....he disappeared. I chambered a second round, and he was back in the scope, so I let fly again. After the second shot, he didn't appear again, so I knew he was down and OUT! I haven't put the tape to him yet, but he's got some character, 11 point unless you count "hangin rings" he's got 14. He was quite a fighter with a rip in his nose, a cut under his right eye, and a rip and hole in his right ear. He also busted a couple tines off as well as some of the tips.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 PM

Right on rattlesnake!

Quick Reply: Official Team 7 Thread....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.