Community

Official Team #3 Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team #3 Thread

Not much talkin lately here guys, just wondering what is up. My season for archery has started pretty dang slow because of the heat. However, we did spot a monster out on our property, so we are lookin forward to meeting up with him....Anyone else here bowhunting?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea, ive been bowhunting here since sat cuz thats when the season opened. saw 3 does on sat and missed one cuz it ducked arrow and saw 13 tonight they just wouldnt come in range.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Alright guys, I think it is about time to get a name together. We have waited quite a while jmac33, if he eventually does show up, great, but I think we should just get a name together without him. We have given him quite a bit of time to get in here, so I personally won't feel too bad if he doesnt have a part of choosing the name.
So.....any suggestions?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:54 PM

HORNY HUNTERS.....HEHEHEHEHE.....I have 'racked' my brain, and for the life of me cant think of anything that isnt taken, or the name of a hunting show. Sorry I'm not a lot of help on the name thing guys.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:49 AM

I with BSTNFREEK...I am not very creative with the name thing either...The only thing I could "create" was Bucks-n-Bullets. Might be corny...but I did not become a fireman because I was creative!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

either name sounds great to me - I have no creative ability myself, so I can't complain.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I'll take a page from 3rd grade here....
Silent but Deadly (SBD)
Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

SBD - EXXXXXCELLENT
Old 10-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Typical Buck

hey guys....not much talk around here....and we are getting real close to needing an alternate.

anywho....just letting you guys know whats up. I have been bowhunting as often as really possible....prolly about 4-6 sessions a week....usually i got out in the mornings from around 6-10, and usually in the afternoon about 3-7. We hunt a small 80 acre plot with a pond, about 60% pasture and timber that surrounds it. The timber that surrounds it is part of a multi-mile stretch of timber that the deer run all year round. However, for some reason, we have already spotted 3 real nice bucks....one i did not see, but my dad has, and he said it was huge, and after he described it to me, i would guess above 160...probably even 170. The other two I have seen, one is a real big 8-pointer prolly around 150+ and the other is a real nice looking 10-pointer that prolly goes around 130 or so. We have both seen the 10 pointer, and I was the only one to see the 8. If it were already slug season here in Illinois, that 10 pointer would already be dead.....and if he was only about 10-15 yards closer I would have taken a shot at him with my bow. He was chasing a doe already, which is real 3 early....but he came into a real big clearing i have by my stand about 30 yards wide down a car path we use before the season...and then he went into the timber behind the doe. Well, within a couple minutes they came back the opposite way down the path heading to the way they came in.....now, this car path is probably only 30 yards from me....and is about 5 yards wide.....i was gonna be tempted on his way back through to take a shot.....However, that S.O.B. followed the doe about 5 yards into the clearing the took off a little further from me, but still trailing her. He made it impossible to take a shot....not only did he get into that 40-50 yard range away...but he walked just inside the tall pasture grass....The funny thing is, I can see him once he is out of my shooting area, through some tree branches...and he got back on the trail...It was like he knew where I was, knew my range, and knew my weapon. Them old boys are smart, but he will make a mistake and end up in my freezer i think.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

I sent one final PM to jmac33 a little bit ago.....so he has about 4 hours to get back here.

I looked at his recent posts and it said he made a post Oct. 19th.....i dont know if he doesnt know how to check his PMs, because i believe i sent him 2 and i even emailed him...

Must be ditchin us...

Quick Reply: Official Team #3 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.