Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

Sounds like that big 10 has been giving you the slip for some time, good luck getting him!!

I finally got my buck scored and he came out at 117 7/8" Actually more thanI was anticipating but he was really helped out by long main beams and his inside spread. Good luck the rest of the year everyone. MN goes through December 31 but all I have is doe tags unless I am hunting with someone who has a buck tag left.

Old 11-28-2005, 08:26 PM

Nice very nice and you have a great looking pic for the picture too.Nice I am still working on my big buck which will give us atleast a 150 more inches.But he has been giving me a hard time for the 3rd year.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:23 PM

Any luck with that 10 Illinois? When does everyones season end? MNs ends December 31.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:23 AM

Finally checking in... Sorry Illinois if I had you worrying. Let me get you caught up

I've moved out and I'm getting settled in my new place. I've also started a new job. Between packing, moving, unpacking, working & sleeping I haven't had much time for hunting. We just finished the first week of the 'gun' season here. There is two weeks where you can shoot a buck or a doe. I have to say that this gun season was worse than even the early archery season. The previous week on one side of the property a gas company came in to put in a new gas well. They had everything messed up. They totally destroyed one major funnel area. So I decided to hunt the opposite side of the property. I found out there wasa hunter in that corner in a climbing treestand. I was so upset about that because I am sure he was on my property. But since I have moved out I decided to let it be. Well, no deer were moving except one small doe I saw that snuck up behind me. These hunters and the gas well have kept any deer from coming onto the property. I went out with my 30-06 two times. This coming week I only have one day off to hunt.

After Christmas we have another archery season and I hope to get more hunting in.....
Old 12-04-2005, 09:20 PM

Today was the last day of shotgun season here.So far havent heard of anyone getting either one of the 2 bucks I am after.Last Wed I missed the big 8 pointer.I got the yardage wrong and shot low.I was off by almost 10 yards.I didnt expect him to go where he did.So I never ranged that spot.Wishing now I did.My buddy called me to tell me he is still using that trail so this week I am back out after him.He is a heavy 8 who may make P&Y I am sure he will squeak by to make the 125 the mass he has will help out a lot.He is even wide but not too wide.He is a good looking mature buck and if I get the chance at him again I wont miss next time.
Good to see you have gotten settled in Jen.Hope you are addapting well.Did you find any other spots to hunt?If not I would get right up against the doe beds and hunt the wind therer.The bucks will still be out checking for does for awhile all though the young ones wont come in until middle of this month.So good luck.
Its good to know that some of the team is still here.I had almost given up on some of you.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:57 PM

Anyone still out hunting??

I put up 3 treestands today. My father said he is officially done bowhunting for the year and is going to come with me to try and film a kill, which means, as long as he is with me, I can use his buck tag. I have off this whole next week so I plan on being out a quite a bit. MN's season closes Dec. 31. Good luck to those still hunting.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year..
Old 12-26-2005, 10:42 AM

Wow...it sure has been quiet in here... Thought I was the only one not checking in. Anyway, I am settled in and living a new life..... Hope you all had a nice Christmas...

Today starts two weeks of archery season here in PA. There is also doe only with a gun in special regulations areas. I got my hours cut back at work so it looks like I will have plenty of time to get out and hunt.... But it all depends on the weather. If its below freezing I will use a gun as I can't handle the cold too well sitting still. I'm desperate to get a deer for the freezer. If I don't get one I will have to rely on handouts from my brothers

Don't know how many of you are still hunting but if you are I wish you luck!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:13 PM

Anyone still hunting? Its been pretty quiet around here. I took a doe the second to last day of the season, so I ended on a good note. Take care.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:00 AM

We're all done down here didn't shoot a buck with my bow, but did shoot one with my rifle ( first buck ever) shot him new years eve, I was in my ladder stand hunting trying to put some more meat in the freezer. I hunted with my bow until i couldn't see my pins which happens way to quick with my cheap sight ( just got my new one in that i got for xmas). so i hung my bow and picked up my rifle, i gave a couple of grunts and about 45 seconds later i hear leaves and grass crunching and something was moving in a hurry my way. i saw that it was a deer but couldn't tell buck or doe because it was behind a tree with its head down, i raised my scope and was trying to see where it was, as i did it must have snuck past because i couldn't find it. looked up and there it was with its head down again, i aimed and right as i was about to pull the trigger it raised its head and i saw its antlers. i let him have it and he went about 30 feet, my only "regret" not that its a regret on my first buck was that i couldnt take him with my bow. he is definatly not a huge deer but still quite large for my area
Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 AM

I still have a couple adays left but doesnt look ood for me.I am meat hunting now if it walks by it is down.Didnt get the buck I was wanting and probably wont hunt that spot again until next year.I havent been able to hunt for the alst month because of and such.