Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

WTG Mn!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice buck and will be a nice score I am sure.Well I have been working 2 and a half hours from home since last week and dont have time to do anything right now.I am going to be hunting all weekend plus Friday this week so I am sure we will have another score to add.I missed a nice 9 pointer Sunday evening.I didnt adjust for him being only 5 yards away and shot right over his back.He never knew I was there even after the shot.Talk about mad LOL.The bucks are in rut stage now they are every where and on the prowl.Talk to you all some time this weekend .Good Luck and again greta one Mn.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:57 AM

Where is everyone??????? Havent been in hardly in a couple weeks because of work but I am hoping you all are still in this.I am going after a 10 pointer I have hunted for 2 years counting this year.in the morning.My buddy called me this AM and told me I should of hunted at his place because the buck and another fine 8 pointer were feeding 20 yards from my stand.So I will be there in the morning.
Mn how come you dont have your deer entered yet??????
Old 11-11-2005, 04:29 PM

Good luck getting that 10 Illinois! It will be nice to get back out in the woods again.

I dont have the antlers back yet to score him. I got him when it was in the 70s soIhad to get him to a processor and a day and a half later Ineeded to leave to be out of town for 2 weeks. Well the processor wasnt done yet when I left,so I will pick the rack up this Friday and get the score in. Some buddies I have been talking to make it sound like the bucks are really cruisin' Hope all of you are having some luck!

If I had it my way, I would get a nice buck every year on December 31st (close of MN archery) just so I could hunt the entire season! I hate only getting one buck tag!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM

Fortunate for me We get to take 2 of them in Illinois.If we only could get one I would be going to the next state to get another crack at one.
I had no luck tonight but tomorrow morning will hopefully produce the look I need on that 10 or even the 8 which my buddy said I may put on my wall.He said he is a fine deer also but doesnt compare to the bog boy.I just cant figure out why the 10 and 8 are hanging together during the rut.This is something I dont even see young bucks doing.Maybe something wrong with them I dont know.But either way if one of them comes within range in the moring I am taking one or both.That would be nice to get 2 nice bucks in one sitting.
Hope everyone else is having a good season.I am worried about Jen havent heard from her lately.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:29 AM

Nice buck MNpurple. That should help the team out. Nice pictures too. Love quality pictures.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:15 PM

Anybody seeing anything out there?? I'm waiting on MNs gun season to start Saturday but it sounds like the rut is still going strong..
Old 11-16-2005, 11:42 AM

The rut is on here.This weekend is shotgun season so I wont be out hunting.I will have to wait until the following weekend to start hunting again.Unless I get rained out at work.I am going to go this evening to a spot that sees a lot of traffic during the rut.So hopefully I will get a shot at one.If the deer is a nice one then I am taking it.I have seen a couple times a nice 8 pointer but he isnt a P&Y buck.But he will look good on my wall as a european skull mount.I will take him if he comes by again.Should of shot him the first time but wondered about it too long and he walked away.He wont be so lucky this time.The weather is in the mid 40's for highs today with it in the 20's tonight.They will be moving early today.Just felt like sleeping in one morning today since I havent done that since the season started in Oct.Otherwise I would of went after the big 10 I am after.I will get him this year or I am giving up him for good.This is year 3 on him and he has gotten the best of me so far LOL
Old 11-16-2005, 07:10 PM

Well this evening could of went better.I got busted by both turkeys and a 8 pointer that was deffinately a shooter.He looked up at me without winding me.He just looked up and saw my eyes staring back at him.I watch another shooter chasing a doe for several minutes.Also had 2 spikes within bow range for several minutes.Atleast tonights hunt showed me where I need to place a stand next week.I had to wait in my stand a half hour longer because the deer were moving through even after dark.I am ancious to get a better look at some of the ones I didnt get to see.This weekend is out of the question for bowhunting in Illinois unless it is on public bowhunting property only.I dont know of any near here so I wont be hunting then.Got to get my honey do's done so I can hunt the following weekend.Talk to you all sometime later this week.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 PM

Havent heard from any of you at all lately.Give a heads up if you are atleast coming in and checking the forum.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:54 AM

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

I guess I will remind myself what I am doing this weekend.I moved one of my stands to get to where the big man of this land is coming by going from one doe bed to another.The other stand I have there is more for post rut when they are back to feeding.Huhnting there this evening.There is a 10 and a 8 both P&Y bucks.I want the 10 he has been the better of us two for last 2 years and this one makes 3.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.