Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Finally checking in... I apologize for not posting lately...I'll get into that after a few words...

Congrats dab029 on your doe. It's a great feeling to get that first one.

Not much happening in my woods. I haven't seen any legal bucks - must be 3 X 4 or better here. I have seen some does but the only ones that have presented shots have been this years fawns. Way too small for me to shell out $60 for processing. If I could process them myself I would take one no problem. There has been a lot of activity but it must be going on at night. There are rubs everywhere with a few of them being on bigger trees and higher up. I've also seen a few scrapes that look to be used pretty often. I've only gotten out a few times though as when I do get free time it's been raining. This week should be good and I plan on getting out more.

Now I will explain my absence... I'm in the process of separating from my husband. I wasn't going to post anything on here about it but I feel I owe you guys an explanation for my absence. In the next week or two I will be moving out to my new place in another county. So until then I will be packing stuff. I am also job hunting when I can. I will still hunt here when I can even though it has been lousy. I am waiting for doe tags for another county now and I will be hunting there as soon as I can. Perhaps the change of scenery will do me good. Where I am moving there are a couple of 100 acre farms nearby and I will have permission to hunt on at least one of them, plus on the farm where I'll be living. So anyway guys, I'm still out there and still trying. And with all that is going on it sure feels good to get out in the woods and forget about my troubles.

I'll check in as soon as I can...

Good luck guys!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 AM

Jen

Good luck with the hunting.... and sorry to hear about the troubles on the homefront - good luck with that also - Ive been there ! =)

I am headed to Indiana / Illinois in the morning for 10 days of solid hunting and looking for a real hawg.....

Talk to ya'll in a couple weeks - hopefully with pics of a 160+
Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 AM

I am sorry to hear about these kind of problems.I have been there before myself.Life goes on and so must we.Doing what you enjoy so much is the best advice I can give you.it will put all the worries on the back bruner for the time you are out there.So do it as much as you can.Getting to hutn new land is a great feeling and you will probably hunt the first few times in hopes of just getting to see something so you can start moving accordingly.Good luck I wish you the most and we will be here waiting on you to get back.Hopefully it doesnt take to long for you to get back to us.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM

Got rained out yesterday and today and saw 3 shooters this AM.Went and scouted a bit and seen where they are coming from or heading too depends on time of day.I believe I am between there bedding and doe as well as food area.Going to go and hang a stand up very high because it is in a valley and I am going to hunt this no matter what.Will hopefully have some good news this evening.Talk at ya all later.
Good Luck..........
Old 11-01-2005, 01:31 PM

went out thisweekend,didn't see the monster buck that i posted the other day but did see a big buck with a real good spread. looked to be a 10 pointer with spread well past his ears. we are seeing a lot of good deer this year due to the construction going on around us. hope to arrow one this weekend
Old 11-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Hey team. Just checking in. I smoked a doe about 2 weeks ago. Haven't hunted this week (time change). I am off all week next week and I am pumped. I have seen 3 nice bucks chasing does in front of my house at night and I will be hunting their bedroom. The one buck would probably score 115-120" which is pretty nice for PA. I hope everyone has good luck and stays safe next week and hopefully next time I post it will include a picture.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:54 AM

Hey guys,
I've been out the last 3 days mornign and evening, these highs around 70 during the day are killing midday movement. I've been shining at night (legal in MN) and thats when the real bruisers have been out chasing, but laying low during the heat. Anyway, yesterday morning at about 8am I had this guy come in to check out a series of bleats from the can and grunts I had just finished. He actually caught me in the middle of doing #1 from the tree, amzing what a little adrenaline will do to shut things down, LOL. He came in very fast and I bleated to stop him at 28 yards. I saw the goldtip and the thunderhead dissapear right behind his shoulder. He ran about 40 yards and stopped looking around in all directions not knowing what had just happened. Then his tail started twitching, it was wagging back and forth like crazy, just like a happy dog. He started to walk to his left and I watched him lay down and for the next 30 seconds or so his head was getting heavier and heavier until it finally went down. I got a complete pass through and hit the middle of his chest on his right side and exited very low on his left. He left absolutely zero blood trail, it all pooled up inside. Anyway, he is almost a perfect 8 ponter with a 19" inside spread. There are some larger deer out there but MNs gun season opens tomorrow so all the routines and habits are out the door after that. Here he is, I havent scored him yet as we had to get him to the processor right away with highs in the 70s. So his head is there also and will score it when I get back.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go,, thats a nice looking buck,, we finnialy got one on the board. good idea to take him even know there where bigger ones around, with MN gun opening you might not see a good buck for a long while, good job..
Old 11-04-2005, 09:36 PM

Way to go MNPurple!! That's a nice buck. You look proud.. I know I would be. I'm still waiting to get my first buck....
Old 11-06-2005, 06:39 AM

Way to go MNpurple!!! That looks like a really nice buck. Way to "take one for the team". Hopefully this week I can add a score for our team. Best of luck to everyone!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.