Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 AM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

PUrple

Congrats on the Doe - now ya need one with horns !

Jen - Sorry to hear its been slow - it will get better !

I am heading to Indiana in a few weeks - looking for a 170 class or better...

Old 10-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Well I hope you get it.With some of the scores yurned in so far we will need atleast 2 or 3 big ones to stay in touch of them.

Well Mn atleast you know that he is there during day light hours if it was that fresh.Sounds like a good spot to ambush him cruising near the top of the ridge but not quite on the top itself.Good Luck
Old 10-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like things are comming to gether for some of you guys, Jen sorry about the bad luck you have been having, things will get better. The weather is starting to break here, it's getting colder and the rain is starting to let up a bit, opener starts Saturday, I have a good place picked to go in with my climber, just of a trail connection area, looks like a staging area for the deer, lots of droppings, scatterd pieces of corn and corn stalks, about 75 yrds away from a corn field to the east, and maybe 150 yrds to the west is a bedding area, saw a few good well worked scrapes on the edges of the corn field, and what looks to be a rub line just off the main trail. hopefully I will connect in the morning. well I will keep you all posted. Good luck to everyone..
Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 PM

Hope you have some good luck.I would concentrate on the rub line if you were after the buck.But if you are anything like me then freezer meat comes first.Got called out to work from my union hallfor the next month or so.looks like we will be wrking 4 10 and a half hour days with 8 on Friday and 8 on Saturday.So no hunting for me unless it rains or only on Sundays.But i am looking more towards the 2nd week of Nov before I can get into a position to arrow on e of the bucks I have been watching.there feeding pattern has changed and they arent into the apples during shooting hours as of yet.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Well I am starting to see a few people have taken bucks.Hopefully we will be getting started on the numbers ourselves.I am working 4 10 1/2 hour days monday through Thursday and 8 1/2 on both fri and sat.Plus i am driving a hour and a half each way for work.So for now the only day I will get to hunt is Sundays or during the week if it rains us out.Going out this Sunday moprning and evening so will hopefully see something wirth shooting.The Bucks are starting to follow the does more.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:18 AM

This morning I seen two small bucks - a spike and a 2 X 2. Big deal! LOL A few days ago set up in the weeds near the apple trees. I had two young does come in and start munching on apples. I had perfect shots on both of them and they even knew I was there because they kept looking at me. I passed on them because they were just out of spots - I'd be lucky to get even 20 lbs. of meat off of either one. I did draw on one for the hell of it aand she just looked at me and kept munching away.
The deer used to bed in my woods but I have not seen much sign of bedding. They must have found somewhere better. Neighbors now have a treestand less than 50 feet off of each corner of my property. These treestands overlook the two main funnels coming onto my land. I'm wondering if this has really disrupted the patterns of the deer. I guess I'm gonna have to get doe tags for another area and go there and find some bucks.
I hate to keep complaining guys but it really sucks! Even my game cam has not filled up the second roll of film yet. I have to figure out something soon...
Good luck to everyone else...
Old 10-15-2005, 07:22 PM

well i went out friday night and saturday morning saw a lot of does and turkeys none of which presented a shot, havn't seen anything with antlers moving about yet, but i have a stand that i havn't been in yet that i know has a couple bucks moving through the area, itoverlooks a failed attempt at a food plot and comes from a bedding area, and about a dozen trails funnel into it. the main trail is about 10 yards to the left of my stand and this trail leads after about 100 yards away to a feeder, seems to be keeping the deer moving if i just keep the birds out of the corn. next weekend i should be out there fri, sat and sun so well see what meanders on by.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I have inside information that you guys got on the board today (I watched the buck run by me after being shot)...hehe. Can't tell you anymore though, I'll leave that for the lucky hunter...
Old 10-15-2005, 08:12 PM

The buck seem to have dissapeared for me right now. Does are around but the bucks are no where to be found. In the next few weeks things should be picking up...I hope.

Jen I had the exact same situation happen to me. Some new people bought some land bordering where I hunt. I had just an awesome funnel and they put up ladder stands on each end of the funnel before it gets to me. Needless to say, this is not one of my prime stands anymore. The deer activity has just dropped. It was a hotspot for bucks cruising but I have seen none of that the last two years. I'm still trying to find the "alternate route" on this particular property.

Well step up, who got on the board for us??!?!!?!?
Old 10-15-2005, 08:35 PM

Well rack was it a good one?Atleast tell us that.I am surprised that if one of our members got one and they havent came in to tell us yet.I am hunting in the Am and then in another stand for the afternoon and then another one for evening.I am hunting all day.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.