Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

hey guys just checking in.
went out yesterday shooting, it was so windy ( effects of Rita ) but was still shooting great, i did a test while i was out too, shot 3 arrows with blazers and 3 with 4 inch vanes. those little blazers are awesome in windy conditions. they hit slightly left about 2 inches but had no wobble at all where as the 4 inch vanes i thought were trying to turn themselves around. we had about gusts up around 25 blowing left to right and pretty consistently. i also finished up my new bow grip yesterday just gotta clear coat it, soon as i do ill post some pics.

Dustin
Old 09-25-2005, 11:42 AM

Good to hear from you DAB Woud like to see those pics.
I awas out in the rain today and found the bachelor group I was looking for in a spot I didnt expect to see them.I got about 1 minute video of a 3 point buck that is still in velvet.Dont know whats up with him.I am ready for hunting season to be here.Last night I sat in my stand and had deer all around me in the acorns.Had 2 doe fawns at 20 yards.They will put some nice meat in my freezer opening day.I like the youngins in my freezer they taaaaaaaaaaaaste greeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat........
Old 09-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone,, just jumping in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. counting the days till opener, 18 to go, and going sloooooww I might say. well good luck to you all and I will be back later..
Old 09-27-2005, 04:45 PM

well season starts on saturday, i hopefully will be back from orlando this weekend late saturday night and might be able to make the trek out to get into a stand. I also have a question. we invited a guy out to hunt last year and allowed him to gun hunt. well he took about8 shots ( all misses)before finally getting a super nice buck i had been hunting. well he is a friend of my father in law who owns the land and we agreed to invite him back out again and give him another chance but with bow only this time. we also have concidered limiting it to doe only. also limiting it to opening weekend( since i can't be there) until my father and law and I take our deer. would yall agree those are fair options?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:31 PM

I would say that what ever guidelines your father in law set up is what he will have to live by otherwise he can find somewhere else to hunt.I would perhaps tell him to stay away from the areas you are planning on hunting and have stands set up at so as to not move the bucks you are after.Put him in a spot where you know the does will be and let him hunt there.This way it will not hurt your hunting at all.But then again he may set up and push a buck towards you if you are on stand same days he is.Take advantage of the situation if you can.
I have 3 more days and a wake up til my season opens.An you better believe I know I iwll be in my stand in the oak flats waiting on the big boys to come by.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:52 PM

I got out 3 evenings and a morning this past weekend and saw a few deer. I could have had a few shot opportunities at a 3 pointer, 4 pointer and a small 8 pointer. Too early in the year for any of them. I was really looking to get a doe this weekend but none ever presented a shot. I did see one real nice buck though. I was on a trail connecting an oak flat, full of acorns,to a bean field which is where i saw the younger bucks. The big boy I saw very late and I only knew he was a good one because he was moving through some birch trees and they silhouetted his rack pretty good. I thought being between a bean field and an oak flat would be a great spot and there he is over in some birch trees. Maybe I will adjust. Good luck to those who open this weekend.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:31 PM

I would wait and see if he uses the trail one more time before moving.Or get over there and see if it looks like it is his main trail.if it is I would move there as soon as I can and hut it.
I got anew stand today and hung it.I was sitting in it afterwards to get some rest.Strap on stands are a biotch to put up sometimes.After about 5 minutes of sitting I have a buck walk to 12 yards away and start eating acorns.Then 2 coons came to eat some also.There were a couple more deer just out of sit also.This buck was small with antlers on only one side.I will be out all day Sat and Sun.I am going to hint the edge of the apple orchard Sat morning and the oak flat sat night.Then I am switching the 2 sun for my hunting.
Good luck to all that has there season open this weekend and to those who already is in season.we need to score on atleast 7 of us to have a good chance to win this contest.Good luck to us all.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:07 PM

Well gang it is 8 pm Fri night.I am going to be in about a hour to get up at 4:30 to bein my stand by 5:15.Good luck to those who are hunting opening morning tomorrow.I will be thinking about you all hoping you a good look at a great buck.Have a good day and a safe outing.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:20 PM

Good luck to ya' Lets put one one the board!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:50 AM

It's about 5 am Saturday morning. Opening day!!! I am headed out the door. I did not sleep at all!!! It's a nice chilly morning and I am ready for the hunt. Good luck to everyone. Let's bag em and drag em...

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.