Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

Thanks eightwgt.... OMG! I can't believe you're messing with sharks that big! You're a brave man! No way would I mess with sharks that big.

Yes, the acorns are dropping everywhere here right now. No way to pinpoint a good feeding area. I guess with the corn, apples and acorns those deer are gorging themselves. I think I'm going to spend most of my hunting in some thick cover...
Old 09-13-2005, 07:07 AM

I actually didnt shoot it - A friend of mine did .... but it's a very cool story - I'll share it one day with you guys - it's unreal - That Tiger shark came after everyone and Roberto Shot it... picture was taken after retrieving the shark -it was dead obviously

Glad to hear everyone is seeing bucks, and lots of sign. Get your bow set up Illinois ! Get a Trophy Taker rest.. its bullet proof - I also use one....
Old 09-13-2005, 12:33 PM

I would find good sign leading to and from the oaks.That is where you will find the bucks.If you can find a rub line between beeding and oaks or fields and oaks you are in a good spot.I would look for corn and oaks close together especially if there is water close.And if there is a bedding area within a couple hundred yards I would start looking for a tree.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:34 PM

Well I am tired of not knowing.I am buying myself a digital game camera Fri whenI go after my new rest,site and arrows.I want to know if the bucks I am on are big enough for me to even worry about.I found a couple well worn and used trails this evening.I guess the only real way to see whats there is by having a camera.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:30 PM

Kinda quiet in here today.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 PM

All I have is a cheap stealth cam, but I guess I was one of the lucky ones who got a very good functioning one. You will become addicted to it. The thing I really like about them is that it only takes one picture of a big guyto makeit very easy to sit in your stand for hours on end, knowing he is there.

What rest and sight did you decide on? I put on a Cobra easy slide sight (1 pin adjustable) and although I dont use the adjustment, it appeared to me to be the very brightests pin on Cabelas shelves.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:37 PM

I have a extremely bright slide site that I was thinking about putting on.Got it for my boy but dont think he can use it.I do not believe he can get it to the right distance fast enough .I am worried about me doing it fast enough also.Seems kinda hard if the deer comes out of no where like they usually do here in the woods.If it was in the open then it wouldnt be problem judging before hand where they would be close enough at.I am going to look for something with a pin as bright as the one on the slide sight.The things seems like it glows even in the dark.I am going to go Friday evening to see what my options are for a site and rest.I havent fully decided on one yet.I am going to go to cabela's site and look at what they have to get a general idea of prices and such.Will let you all know Fri night what I get.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 PM

Got my bow back yesterday. It's now at 55 lbs. We had it up to 58 but decided it would be a little tough on a cold morning. It's definitely a little more powerful as the arrows are penetrating a bit deeper into the target. I noticed I was shooting a bit high so I aimed a bit lower. I was getting decent groups but I knew I had to adjust my sites. Today I adjust the sites and things seemed pretty good. I noticed I am still 'torqueing' the bow but it's definitely not as much as before. I keep pulling slightly to the left (don't forget I shoot left-handed). I've been careful with the wrist holding the bow so now I'm wondering if I'm doing something with my release - such as pulling the string towards me. I will check this out tomorrow. I'm pretty confident with my shooting (almost always in the kill zone) but I need to get my groups more consistent.
Now I gotta go shopping for some lightweight camo clothes.... Being on a low budget means you gotta wear 'em until they wear out. LOL They're getting a little too faded....
Old 09-15-2005, 09:01 AM

LOl yeah I have the same problem.I need new bibs mine or so faded that I just cant use them anymore.I tink I am going to break the wife downand finally get to go after some scent lock clothes.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:11 AM

This photo is from one of the farms bordering my property. You can see where the oats were cut and where the corn is now. The woods to the left are my property - that property line runs over 1000 feet. The property is all wooded at the top and runs down over the hill dropping about 600 feet in elevation with a nice creek at the bottom. The apple trees are also at the bottom. There are several very well travelled trails leading to the creek. It's hard to hunt the bottom though because of the way the wind swirls around. I do have several places set up near the trails leading down though.
Oh, also the little point on the right side of the photo is the best place to hunt. There is about a 1/4 of an acre there of mature producing oak trees with another large uncut farm field on the other side. I have a terrific ground blind set up near the corner of the property - it's situated in such a way that I can intercept the deer as they come into the woods from he field. Some day I might get a tree stand built there too.....

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.