Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 08:30 PM

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

I need help. I am anything but a computer genius. I usually login at work but since joining the contest and being part of a team I will be on the site more. When I try to login from home I get the following error message.
We are sorry...

You are seeing this message because of one of the following reasons:
[ol][*]You tried to post information from another domain.[*]Personal firewall installed on your computer explicitly erased "http_referer" information. [/ol]
Problem #1:
[blockquote]
Forum admin enabled domain checking to prevent any unauthorized access from other domains. Please use http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/ to access our forum. You may click here to try again.[/blockquote]
Problem #2:
[blockquote]
Your personal firewall software may explicitly erased "http_referer" information from your browser. This small piece of information is used for security reasons only and we do not store this information on our web server, our database server, nor your browser (as cookies).
You will be able to view the content on our forums but you will not be able to post messages without "http_referer". The following personal firewall applications are known to cause this problem:
Norton Internet Security 2002:
[ul][*]Options[*]Personal Firewall[*]Advanced Options[*]Browsing Privacy[*]Click on the Permit tab from the drop down box on the Browser (User Agent) [/ul]
Zone Alarm Pro Edition (under Privacy Sections):
[ul][*]Mobile Code Control > Off[*]Ad blocking > Off[*]Cookie Control > Off [/ul]
It is also possible to set our forum's URL as a trusted site on some firewall software so that the software's settings will not conflict with our forums. For more information on firewall configuration, please consult the manual accompanied with the firewall software for detailed configuration instructions.
You should look for the following specific sections in the firewall's help file should you need to tweak your firewall settings:
[ul][*]Ad-blocking, as we use pop-up windows for various page functionalities. You should set the block level to "low" or turn it off completely while browsing our forums. Some firewall software can't differentiate an Ad from legitimate page functionalities.[*]User Agent settings, as we need to identify whether you are accessing our forums from the designated URL (specified by forum admin). In our case, the designated URL would be: http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/[*]Script-blocking, as we use JavaScript for various page functionalities. Our JavaScript codes are available for viewing in case you are unsure of the safety issues involved.[*]Trusted Site/Zone, as you can set our forum's URL as a trusted URL in your firewall to prevent all the problems without having to switch off the above features in your firewall. [/ul]
[/blockquote]
Technical Information
[ul][*]For more information, please contact forum admin.[*]For forum software inquiry, please contact [email protected] or visit ASPPlayground.NET. [/ul]If I completely turn off my Norton Security then it will allow me to login. I really don't like to do this if I don't have to. Is there a setting that I need to change? Any help would greatly be appreciated. I have windows xp with microsoft works suite.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:22 PM

As long as you keep your firewall on then turning off your nortons wont be a problem.You should be able to go to your option screen for your nortons and allow this site.as for the other stuff I am not sure.You should be able to pull down a tab and hit allow.All i can say is check everything in your options until you find the message it isnt allowing.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:28 PM

Hi Guys! Just checkin' in. Today I did some scouting. There are acorns & wild cherries dropping all over the place. It's early here for the acorns. On the property there are a few well worn trails where I have several ground blinds set up. There are also a few light trails - these are the buck trails. I checked my game cam and it had 15 pics on it so I'm gonna leave it up for a couple more days. On the other side of the property I made my final decision on where to put a permanent stand. I know it's a little late but summer was hectic. Tomorrow the stand will be put up. It's about 20 feet off a pipeline which is well used. There is also a trail that goes right by my proposed treestand. About 30 yards up the slight grade is the edge of the neighboring farm which has field corn. I believe I have picked the right spot and the tree is perfect. Besides my property I have permission to hunt a nearby farm and adjoining property - there is over 100 acres there. Of all the guys that hunt there none of them bowhunt so I have my choice of where to set up. I'm getting excited...the season is right around the corner....Oct. 1st for us PA hunters....

Moonglo: Sorry I have no clue how to help ya...
Old 09-03-2005, 09:32 PM

I am sure you will get your first buck this year Jen and I bet it is a good one.Something you want on your wallSo good luck.I am sure will both will be out on opening day.I know I will be at one proprty opening morning and another one that evening.Proably going to start out in the morning on the stand i sat on this evening.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad u liked the logo guys
Old 09-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

All stands are hung except one, and I will be finishing that one today, Just wanted to see how everyone was doing with there set up,, Albert, did you get a logo finished? I noticed you have a code in your signature but nothing is showing up for it but the code, no image. I kicked up a nice buck yesterday on my way to a stand site,, a nice one8 pointer looks like he has some good mass maybe 125" 130" couldn't really tell I know he was fast,, bolted out like his but was on fire,,,,so I just left that area I won't be returning to that spot till after the season starts.. he had 6" to 8" eye guards maybe 11" G'3's 8" G2's and a pretty good spread 20" 23" maybe.. big body.. one of the best ones I have seen so far this year,, Oct 15th can't get here fast enough.. Talk to you all later.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:24 AM

I will have the logo finished today for sure.I am working on it now.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:27 AM

This is another one I made but I do not like the white around the names.I think I will make another.Just let me know what you all think?If you want to go ahead and use it then here is the link you put into your signature line so it will show.
just paste it to your signature in my profile.
[imag]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Bowhuntin/Huntinlogo.gif[/imag]
for it to work you need toput the e afterthe g in the at the endI left the e out so you all could see the link otherwise you would of only seen the logo.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:31 AM

LOL I am going to make a new one the more I look at it the more I dont like it.I am a perfectionist and I am sorry for that.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:22 PM

Well since I am having problems with my artistic ability my head is in the woods already.A friend of mine who made my gaming logo Also knows as a sig short for signature.Is going to make one for use.He is a link to my gaming clans website.You can see the members area in this and look for dXa Spyder.He made the sig I use in it.So let me know if you like it.If so he can make us soething like that but hunting fashion.
In other going ons in my life.I am getting ready to head out to the woods again.I seen a huge buck running a field line about 100 yards from my stand last night .I am taking my climber to get a closer look.I am also taking my video camera to see if I cant egt some video of him also.I wil show it if I do.
I might be leaving for awhile atleast until the end of the month.I am a volunteer fire fighter here in my town.Well my chief called me this morning and asked if I would go to the south as part of a 2 man search and rescue team that Fema is looking for to help aid in finding people that are still alive and finding the ones who havent made it to be picked up.
I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.