Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread! >

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Old 09-25-2005, 07:28 AM

Default RE: Official Team 18 Thread!

I have not been out yet to much work and to hot,I will be hunting by Wed. it is going to cool down----AW fall is in the air
Old 09-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

I just wanted to let you fellas know that I can no longer check out this site at work. God D*mn I.T. people! lol So I can only check it home and therefore won't be on much like I was before. But I still am around and still trying to tag a biggin! If you guys need to get in touch with me...my work email is the best way. [email protected]

Old 10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out opening moring and saw two coons and two squirrels. One coon didn't show up until 0940?? wazzup with that? I guess his clocks messed up. Still too hot here to get serious.

p.s. the new version of the shannon bug tamer get's my vote- two thumbs up!! . WAYYY cooler than the older version and the hood could actually be seen through, until the sunlight tried to filter directly through it.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't connect this weekend. I had a good one come in Sat. eveneing right at dark and I was hunting my funnel on an oak ridge and he funneled around the pond like he was suppose to be instead of skirting around the two deep draws and coming by me at 12 yards he decided to cross the draws and never got a shot.[:@]
Old 10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least you saw some bone. There's always next time. Now if you set up on where he went he will walk right by the tree your stand is currently in[8D].
I'll be heading back Friday Morning.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Past week, I've seen a "mediocre" 12-ptr (narrow rack), and had a big mature 6-ptr feed on a branch I cut only 10 yds away - biggest 6-ptr I've ever seen. On another evening, I spooked a 20" buck while walking back to the truck, couldn't count the points, oh well...maybeI'll see him again under more favorable circumstances. I am off shortly to Utah to hike/fish ("fish-a-fly too", lol) for a few weekswith the wife. Good luck DaveC, Xtec, Silent Assassin, and the rest of the gang, hope to return to find a few bucks posted on the scorecard.
-fsh
Old 10-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Like Dave said....at least you guys are seeing some bone. heck...I'm not even seeing doe on stand. Grrr I really need a bow kill or two before I roll down to Iowa in a few weeks huntin the biggins!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Sorry guys,

I have baan so busy with school I haven't had much time to check it let alone get in the woods. I've been out just a handfull of times and haven't had an opportunity to bury my broadhead in anything yet but I did get a glimpse of the deer I'm going to arrow. I got busted heading into my stand in the rain last week and got a decent look at a big bodied, thick tined buck. Smart old guy lives in the nastiest tangle of underbrush we have on our land but I've formulated a plan. I'd like to get a crack at him in the pre rut before he heads out chasing does all over the country side. I think I can get close enough to get his interest with some ratteling without spooking him on my way in. Only time will tell.

I hope you all are having fun in the woods and that in due time you'll at least get a crack at a shooter. My advice for when that time comes is to pick a point, hold steady and wait to shake like hell until after you hear it crash.

Good luck and be safe!

Adams
Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adams, sounds like you've got a plan in place- that's a good place to start.

I put in four more hunts and saw 3 does at different timesand one five point that fed in my area for almost an hour. The five point was a dink and the does never provided any shots.
That's it for me until next week. I'll be here on the board for the next four days.
Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have to say really that this year is a bunch of )&*(^^%(&^% so far. lol I've probably put 30+ hours on stand and nothing to show for it and the overall deer sightings on stand have sucked. Oh well. That's hunting I guess. I'm taking a week off and then I'll hit it back up hard for another week here at home. The week following that I'll be in Iowa for 8 days. Fingers Crossed for sure!

Best of luck fellas!

Quick Reply: Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.