Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread! >

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Old 08-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 18 Thread!

I am 30.75 years old. I have been married for four years with no children but we do have a 3 year old Shihtzu. This will be my 17th bowseason.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hi all
- I am 55.8 years old, been bowhunting deer since 1965 - Igave up gun hunting for deer in 1974. I have a very understanding wife of 34 yearswho loves to scout and gets excited when she sees a "shooter", but she is a non-hunter; no kids. We both like venison - not a problem here in MD where the season limit is 36 deer!
-"It doesn't count if you usea gun...follow the path to enlightment"

-fsh
Old 08-24-2005, 08:47 PM

I'm 16, a sophmore in highschool, been hunting deer since I was 7. Killed my first deer when I was 8 (with a rifle of course) I started bowhunting when I was 10, I killed 2 deer with my bow the first 2 years I bowhunted, haven't got to go as much since because of baseball, school, etc. but now that I have my license, I hope to be in the woods 4-5 days a week. I've killed 3 8pts in the last 3 years and hope to continue the tradition, or up it to a new one
Old 08-25-2005, 07:32 AM

I am 35 have been hunting all my life, bow hunting for 15 years.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:42 PM

bumpin it up boys
Old 09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bringig it back up once again.

Did Dick Cress ever check in?? I saw a post from him the otherday, but failed to catch the post date.

A little set back on my end- I was at the lease Tuesday doing some chores and slipped off my fourwheeler trailers railing and my left foot landed in a hole which swallowed my shoe. I heard a loud snap/pop and found myself looking at x-rays acouple of hours later. My ankle is severly sprained and the tendons/ ligaments pulled a small piece of bone off of my fibula as they tore out of place.
So far though it doesn't feel too bad. I'm wearing an ankle brace and HOPE to be good to go by October.

The hang up is some of my lease chores are going to have to wait until closer to season.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

That sucks Dave! Keep that foot elevated and don't do a dang thing. The Dominos guy might have to come into your house and deliver your pizza right to the couch. lol That thing needs rest!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Bump!

Seriously guys, we have to be the most boring team in this whole contest. ha, ha
Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Hi guys
- ouropening dayis only one week away here in MD. Post your endeavors and let us track your progress, good, bad or indifferent. Ihope to be able tohunt a44-A woodlot this year that is the bedding area of some very decent surburbanbucks - my partner isworking out the access issues. I saw a nice120 class buckon my farm tonight, but the buck is so irregular in his habits that I will likely pass trying forhim until he sets up a pattern.I've got his sheds from last year, having picked them in my alfalfa food plotnot very far from where I saw him today. There are some very nice P&Y bucks on the two qdm properties that I hunt, and I will be concentrating on getting a doe off each of thosethe first part of the season to satisfy the earn-a-buck rules.
- good luck everyone...
-fsh
Old 09-13-2005, 09:26 PM

Deer season started here this past weekend, but I wasnt able to make it out (had to spend some time with the gf before I HAVE to be gone every weekend) I'm going this weekend to scout, and my friend and I are going monday-wednesday next week since we have a break from school. Hopefully I can connect with a good buck soon

Quick Reply: Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.