Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread! >

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Old 08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

I looked and looked but didn't see a team 18 thread started so here it is!
Come guys, who's in??

Team 18

30 silentassassin
200 H80Hunter
189 Timbawolf98
35 Adams
152 Ozark-en
112 Xtec Shooter
161 TENNESSEERACKMASTER
260 fshafly
142 DaveC
219 dick_cress
Old 08-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 18 Thread!

Three days since the teams were posted and only one person has checked in???

The silence is deafening in here....Or should I say Golden! [8D]

Good luck guys, when everybody does show up I'm sure you all will do well.....
Old 08-15-2005, 07:58 AM

ozark-en ready to go, my season starts on Sep.15 I am an audio/video producer working for the great state of MO. I hunt a mix of privet and public land and look forward to hearing from my team members-------GO 18
Old 08-15-2005, 12:37 PM

Sorry it's taken me so long to check in. I've been hanging stands, triming shooting lanes and finishing up on some late scouting. I hope this year will be more productive then last for me. I had a tough time getting in the woods last fall (two sons under three will dothis to a hunting season)but this year is looking better. I'm gfinishing up work on 8/26 and will be a full time student again which should afford me plenty of extra time in the woods.

I wish everyone good luck and safe hunting!

Dose anyone have ideas for a team name? also if you post where you're from and where you'll be hunting it will help us to get aquainted. I'm from Southern New Hampshire and will be hunting both Maine and New Hampshire this fall.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am here also guys. I put the fishing poles up this weekend so it's all deer hunting from here on out. I am going to hang a few stands and cut some shooting lanes this weeknd and then it's mostly practicing with my bow until the season starts. I do have a 7 day hunt in Pike Co. planned so hopefully I will be able to contribute.

PS: does anyone have a suggestion for a team name?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Hi guys, just checking in.I am in Charles Co, MD, hunting 2000+ acres of QDM land with earn-a-buck restrictions. Our season starts 15 Sept.
- fsh
Old 08-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I hear the number 18 I think - Legal...... Barely Legal!
But those words won't do much when trying to add some bone to a scorecard!

Sounds like I might be a drag on the overall score. My primary hunting grounds in East Texas don't produce much horn wise and that is whereI concentrate most of my early season bowhunting. It's close to home and relatively cheap. A 3.5 year old deer there is a trophy.
I do have two hunts booked for December on land that can produce much larger deer- South Texas, but only one of the parcels will qualify for this competition.

So how does that work? IfI should shoot my first buck of the year on land that doesn't qualify (high fence, not a cage by any means, but high fence nonetheless)
and then another on land that does, can I enter the second buck??

Oh and before I get beat up about the high fence, it's just a way of life down here. IfI were to only hunt low fenced land it would rule out 1/2 the day leases in South Texas- this hunt is with friends and they chose the locale. I cannot afford (or choose not to) a good South Texas lease and the day lease option is just a way for a po-boy to get his feet wet chasing mucho bone.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 PM

Sorry for signing in late, but I'm here. This season looks like its gonna be a good one
Old 08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,

You don't need to apologize for the way you hunt. As big as most of the ranches are in Texas I am sure that the majority of deer never see the fence or have any idea that it exists. I am not sure how that will work in the competition though. It would seem to me the logical thing would be to let you enter the first eligible buck that you kill.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:40 AM

A 3.5 year old deer there is a trophy.
Same way here Dave. Although QDM is catching on there are still plenty of folks that still chant the mantra "if it's brown it's down". Deer older then 3.5 are a rareity in the southern parts of the state where I am. 3-4 hours North is a differnt story. With the extra time off this year I hope to spend some time at the inlaws camp up North.

As for the high fence, Silent is correct, no need to appoligy needed. If it's legal you've got every right to participate. It's weird how diffrent parts of the country really have diffrent methods and diffrent customs. What's important is that game laws are followed and that you are enjoying yourself.

Silent, I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of the Pike Co hunt. You must be absolutely psyched!

Quick Reply: Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.