Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread >

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

I'm really sorry about that B.H.D. I know you're hating it more then you can say. We've all done it before also. Hope you find that rack. Was it the one you've been watching?
Old 10-16-2005, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Bird Hunt Dog

I screwed up guysI made the #1 recovery mistake in the book. I shot a nice one last Sunday night. I was sure I double lunged him and heard him go down. I got out of my stand to soon and must of bumped him because I can't find him anywhere. I'm just sick about this I must have searched for 30+ hours by now. I know he's dead and I won't quit till I find him!!

Hang in there man...........you'll find him.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Bird Hunt Dog:...... I'm just sick about this I must have searched for 30+ hours by now. I know he's dead and I won't quit till I find him!!
That, totally, sucks!!!! Cripes I can almost taste the bile in my throat imagining that it was me that happened to.[:'(]

My buddy shot his biggest buck ever in the paunch two years ago. I was there with him when he shot it in very low light (legal, but cloudy). We searched that entire Saturday, the next day on Sunday and then he found it after a morning of searching on Monday. On Saturday, before it rained, we were on our hands and knees in a maple swamp following overturned leaves and specks of blood so small you practically needed a microscope to see.

The meat was N.G. but as a six pointer it scored 135 Typical.

Keep after him man!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the support guys,

An friend of mine is a pilot and where going to fly my area this week hopefully. The only thing I can think of is that he got into the river and floated away. The river is really moving right now. My wife was with me on this hunt and she was also sure I double lunged this deer. She thought I hit him perfect as did I. I had no pass through though! I can't figure it out. I'll never make the mistakes I made on this deer again. I can guarantee that
Old 10-17-2005, 10:36 AM

Well today was opening day for me, with all of the rain we've had up here and the winds howling yesterday i thought for sure that this morning there'd be some serious activity.

I hunted out behind my uncle's field and the morning was just perfect. I was wide awake the whole time, comfortable, warm but not hot, just enough leaves left on the trees for cover.....but no deer.

I did see a flock of turkeys come through around 8:30. Two nice gobblers prolly two years old with four or five hens came within 10 yards of my stand. The gobblers gave me an eyeball or two and they all went about their way.

I'm afraid someone up there knows I'm going to Illinois in November and wants me to save my first buck for the trip. I wouldn't mind shooting a doe or two though!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy, everyone! I haven't got a shot yet, but I did get more pictures of the 8-point I'm hoping to shoot! Thought I'd post it for y'all to see! Something is wrong with his right front hoof, what do y'all think? Hope we get one on the board soon! God bless.
Trae

Old 10-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like he might have broken it somehow and it healed funny. He should be easier to catch up with this way

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:27 AM

Notice how thin he looks? he's got a mature looking head and a nice rack, but he looks awfully thin to me, although it could be that his front shoulder has broken down due to disuse.

Put that buck out of his misery and put us on the board Goose! I'm guessing he'd tape out around 118. Anyone else?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Notice how thin he looks? he's got a mature looking head and a nice rack, but he looks awfully thin to me, although it could be that his front shoulder has broken down due to disuse.
Yes, I do think he is thin! I mean, there's plenty to eat all around my place, he shouldn't need anything more to eat. But he's very thin. Mabey it is the injury, but I am also thinking he is only 2.5 now instead of 3.5, that would explain the thin look.

I'm guessing he'd tape out around 118.
That's what I was thinking, 110 to 120, pretty sure he's not 120 though! We decided to call him "Big Foot"!

Old 10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey fellas. Just wanted to check in. Good luck BHD on finding that buck. Trembow, go get that big boy! I haven't seen any big ones yet, but in one spot there is a buck that is rubbing and scraping up the area around my stand and he's rubbing trees about 6 inches around, so I'm hoping to catch up with him. I know there is a big one running around by the river, but that's flooded right now. There's also another good one on a local private tract of land so now I just gotta put one in front of me.

Good luck everyone.

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.