Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 12-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Double X" (20)

[align=left][/align][align=left]
ORIGINAL: Talondale

[/align][align=left]Singing? She's sung, showered, changed clothes, and left the building. Not that I'm counting team 11 out of it yet . Late season bowhunting just started here.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Talondale, I hear ya! [/align][align=left]And hey....don't count out team 25yeteither, although it's looking like 4th and 40, down by 3 touchdowns, with 0:45 to go. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Well done team 20, you've put the spankin' on the rest of us. I'm still out there trying to get some points for my team...got another month or so, but it gets to be slim pickings in Dec. We have 3 that have scored that we know of, but 2 have not made thier entries yet...not sure why. One was in Oct I think. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I have to congratulate Team XX, you guys have an awesome team, with alot of participation. The guys that have participated on our team are great too, butwe have a few that are MIA since pretty much the beginning. Makes it kinda tough to compete with half a team, but hey it's all good. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Now IL an SUM gotta go get some points, I'm pulling for the clean sweep for you guys!!![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Good luck guys, it's been fun getting pummeled [&:] [8D][/align]
Old 12-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to check in again. BTW, if any of you guys ever want to try hunting Southern Illinois, just let me know. I have 30 acres of ground, my family has over 100 acres next to it. My dad has 40 acres and there are alot of good public hunting areas within a half hour of me. Pike County its not, but lots of big deer here. PM if interested, I won't charge too much LOL j/k. Congrats again Team XX and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats BBM - nice buck! - bet you are glad to be in the new place for the holidays!!

Has been COLD here and quite a bit of snow for this early in the season!

Good luck to everyone still out and about!

Quick - something I have found usefull - I would oftentimes hear the " What... this old thing" when I noticed a new piece of clothing that was being worn.

Enter the new browning gold DU edition shotgun and the question of where did you get that..."What this old thing?" worked likea charm!

I may try it againon a new 300 win this year - will let you know how that works

Everyone Take care and have aMerry Christmas if I don'tpoke my head out again before then!!

Mike
Old 12-09-2005, 05:54 PM

You know, it is cold here too and we have had snow every single day in December so far.. I think we have about 8-10 inches on the ground in some areas around here, I would say yesterday we got about 6 inches..And what was Anthony doing on this fine day? Funny you should ask, he was building a tarp/plywood shelter around his skid steer, charging the battery and running a 100 foot extension cord to a 65,000 BTU Torpedo heater trying to degell the worthless piece of crap. Only took 7 hours of running the heater yesterday to get it started and moved to the shed... And what happens today you ask? That's right, after idling the sucker for an hour and than taking her out she kills out again because of gelling... Finally got it back into a barn, let it run for 3 hours (Hoping all the pos diesel is burned out now) and ran it to feed the cows at 3:30 today. I am about as irritated as I can be... I guess -11 lows are not good for this skid steer.. Grumble.

I have used the "this old thing" tactic many times.. Usually works.. I say its not a lie if you have had it for over a week before she sees is... Than its not new right?

Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

I feel for you Anthony - I remember some of the cold days that the entire day was spent in an attempt to start a tractor, skid loader, truck, pickup - or some other lovely warm blooded piece of equipment. Also driving the skid loader 1.5 miles in the same weather to the other farm (long before many of the nice plexiglass cabs). BRRRR - would have much rather froze to death on a stand (just something different about that!!)

We have had a break and it is a nice warm 30-35 degrees now! - had to break out the short sleeves today, literally - left my coat at a clients two weeks ago and had to remember it somehow today!!!

And I do agree with the one week holding period for it to be this old thing - just sounds right!

Good luck with keeping everything running, and hopefully on that buck you saw last week also!

Mike
Old 12-12-2005, 03:11 PM

My days should get about 100% freer starting on Wed. We have a hired guy that works for us on the farm but I have been using him on the home renovation project (He used to lay tile for a living so I thought I would just pay him instead of one of the local flooring shops). Well, he is just grouting and sealing today and tomorrow and than he can feed the dang cows for a few days while I hang on a tree..

Now that we have a good blended fuel in there the skid is running much, much better. Now, I don't mind driving mine far becasue it does have the cab on it with thed emolition door but the 10 mph top speed doesn't make it a joy to drive from the one farm to the other (1.5 miles actually).

Snow is melting a bit today, still under freezing but the sun is causing the top layer to get soft. Big storm forcasted for Wed night I think so I want to get out all day wed. Muzzleloader closed yesterday so Until Jan 14th (I think) the woods are Archers only (Maybe some small game but not to many do that around here, although I litterly steped on a rabbit today, almost crapped my shorts.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Troy,
I am trying to PM and email you but I am having problems with my computer.Congratulations!!! I want to hear all about it and I can't wait to see photographs! Your news made my day!
Scot
Old 12-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Teammates, hope all is well. I managed to put an arrow in a nicePY 4x4 yesterday. I will get pics and a story out on my journal tomorrow..I am tickled, achieved my hunting goals for the season and have a full freezer to boot.

IL bet of luck hunting, glad to hear you get some free time! you've had a very busy fall!

Thanks Scot....Photos will get developed tomorrow

Troy
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 PM

Buttonbuckmaster wehre are you in southern Illinois? I am in union county lil town called Dongola.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Il
Good luck out there, glad you are finally getting some time, you deserve it.

Troy,
Way to go man, can't wait to see the pics and read the story.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.