Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 10-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 20 Thread

Greetings Gentlemen - it was an ugly one here in PA today (nasty cold, misting/blowing rain, dark and gloomy).

I took a few of the yayhoos out this morning, and put my buddy in my lucky spot only to have a big rack sneak up to5 yds. behind him and spook at 7:45.

All I got was cold, so I turned it in early to be home to watch the Penn State - Ohio State tilt. JoePa and the boys can climb back into the national spotlight w/ a win tonight.

Shed - got the shirt, it looksawesome & fits perfect. Thanks for going the extra mile.

I hope you all saw more deer than I did today (zero).

For all of you Sunday hunters, good luck.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:27 PM

About the only good thing from todays hunt was I am learning how to climb faster with the climber. Nothing showed... Not one deer at least. Heard some turkeys when I was walking in, saw a covey of bobwhite, well a small covey, saw the prerequisite squirls and heard something that sounded like a frog that was choking...At least I think that is what it sounded like, lol. Beyond that, a lot of birds but even that activity seemed lighter than usual.. I really wish the local farmers would get more of the corn out of the fields, I think that would really change things around.. Most everyone I am talking to is seeing the animals coming in and out of corn and that is about it.. I need to adjust my strategy some more.. Oh well.

Shed, the shirt showed up today... Looks good. (Whoops, typed something else instead of shirt.. Not good when you drop the r)

Anthony
Old 10-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shirt came in last night, looks great.

Hunted most of the day today. In the morning I saw 11 deer, 4 more new bucks, one probable shooter. Nothing in range. The evening I dropped a pretty big doe and saw 5 deer total. That's 3 so far. Time to take a break from the does andget focused on a nice buck.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:52 AM

Yesterday morning was cold, brisk, and windy. However, needless to say I saw 13 deer including 4 different bucks. One of which was a 2 1/2 year old, big body and probably 14 to 15 inch spread (just outside his ears). He came right by me just as it was getting daylight. In fact I couldn't see his entire rack except the main beams. I would guess he was probably an eight point - where I hunt the eight point genes are unbelievably dominant. Anyhow, I let him walk but boy did he offer a perfect quartering away shot at 15 yards. To me, it's a little too early to take a 2 1/2 year old deer. I took my camera with me yesterday but it wasn't daylight enought to get a pic of the boy. I did however, get some picks from my stand and a few of the does I saw. I really wanted to shoot one of the does, but I had to be home around 10:30 because my wife had scheduled a cook out with both of our families and...you guessed it, I had to be home early to get ready for that. Needless to say I heard my cell phone vibrating in my backpack a little after 9am - go figure. Anyhow, I got a little too drunk last night and didn't make it up but at least I was able to get up with my kids. That allowed my wife to sleep in and now she can't bitch when I want to go hunting tonight.

Good luck to you all and I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow.

LETS SHOOT SOME BUCK-DEERS!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:59 AM

Oh, I almost forgot...Does anyone have the link to our logo already saved so I can add it to my signature?

Anyone that has it please let me know!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:25 AM

Sumhunter, the addy is http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/quiksilver_22/XX.jpg

There you go, sounds like you had a good hunt... I have family coming out again today... Might try to get out this evening still.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got the shirt! Its great!! I thought for sure it was the key to getting rid of the bad luck. Well its better, but not finding the bucks. I have only seen one buck on Friday AM. I have only missed Tues and Sat. for hunting... needed to make some time to sleep, and service the wife... thats the sure way to get to hunt all day... so I have been finding a few rubs here and there, and many scrapes, but not the deer making them... I am deturmined to hunt every stand I have and move which ever one does not produce some sceneery... I moved one stand to where I seen "the buck" and had no luck this morning, even with the shirt!!!
This contest is the only thing keeping me in the hunt this year, I have had so much bad luck its not funny... IfI need it I drop it or forget it... wrong place wrong time.... I even lost my watch today, someplace in the woods. I just need that little help to make it happen.... I think I will hang it up for the season, after I get my buck. Work has put us on manditory 10 hours and I will not be getting out till 8 am, so this will put a huge break on my hunting. I normaly only hunt mornings... O'well, I dont give up..

Good luck to all on their hunt!

Signed
SLEEPLESS IN MICHIGAN
Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Fellas!

Glad to hear the mail is being delivered. Good deal.

Hey guys sounds like most of you got to hunt this weekend, Man did I want too, but it was still closed. I logged all weekend and had one evening to scout deeper into the big boys range. I will be in there tonight hanging another stand. I finally get to hunt today, I am pretty jacked.

Hang in there everyone, the season is young, very young. Stay persistent we will get our opportunities.

Quick how bout them Lions! Man they played great, my wife DVR'd the game for me so I got to watch it Sat. night. I am happy for JOE PA, he's a class act. Hey I had a pretty good football weekend, my Cowboys did a number on Philly! Sorry PA GUYS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

The weather is changing for the better here. My wife gets to hunt this month, She smoked a coyote at 200 yards yesterday while I was at work.My4 year old son spotted it out the back window andmy wife grabbed her 270 andhammered it! She was so proud when Igothome last night...I am going to take her on several hunts this year, I really enjoy hanging out with my wife and hunting together. She's excited to finally hunt again now that the boys are big enough for her to get out. She will be only rifle hunting this year. We are in "any weapons" season now for the next two months...whew there was a lot of elk rifle hunters out this morning when I went to work. That bull that I couldnt kill, I pray he makes it or comes by oneof my stands...

It's been cold, I worked in 35-55 degree weather this weekend. It was very nice out, cold and clear most of the weekend. I look forward to the scraping phase of the rut to start kicking in pretty heavy in the next two weeks. This is my favorite time of year, Oct and November...Man I cant wait to hunt this afternoon!

Sum I have your address and will get that t-shirt right out. I am glad everyone likes them so far, I thought they turned out pretty cool.

Well guys hunt your ARSE off.. be patient and opportunity will come. The whitetail world is about to wake in a couple weeks.. Bucks are gonna start stirring...get those doe travel routes pegged.. it wont be long ....

Best of luck to all you guys, hunt hard, be safe..

Troy
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there guys - things will be getting a lot better as temperatures continue to drop and the daylight wanes.

Rybo - Congrats on the doe - that buck will be along soon enough. I should've taken your approach, and treated my itchy trigger finger with a heavy dose of dead doe, but I couldn't hold off. It's like trying to pass on losing your virginity. LOL

Shed - PSU brought the hammer down on Ohio State on Saturday. Paul Posluszny is a great American hero. White #'s 4 & 7 (Holmes & Ginn) got shut down by Zemaitis and King. What a game and what an environment. Huge game Sat.in Ann Arbor.If we can take a win out of the Big House, we can run thetable.

Sidenote: I flung a few with that recurve in the yard yesterday, and, well, let's just say that I'm a little "less than deadly" with it. So, to keep from crippling upan entire herd ofdeer, I'llstick withOld Faithful, in search of atrophy doe. Probably a good thing thatI didn't see anything on Saturday.

During spring gobbler, I saw a really nice piebald doe a few times at this one particular spot. I've never whitetail hunted there before, but I think I might make a scouting run out there, and try to zero-in on her over the next 2 weeks.

AR - get some sleep man, you've got weeks left to score - don't burn yourself out.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Piebald...man that would be cool Quick.. heck that would be awesome, best of luck.

I have a good feeling about this week...to come..

Just for discussion guys... For daylight deer movement....What conditions do you like best in your neck of the woods and why ... personally I like whencold pressure system moves in..animals here..get up and feed early..during the rut the bucks really move when it snows or drizzles.. I believe drizzle/light raindulls their senses a bit..especially smell..

Is anyone still hunting food sources, field edges.. I am not I am moved back in near bedding areas..will be hunting the does soon...though.. about 2 weeks..

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.