Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

Way to go!!! Nothing like having your kid with you on the recovery and seeing their excitement. Heading out this weekend to camp and hope to score. It will have to have a decent set of antlers for me to shoot, I can only hope.

Again, congrats to you!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Good job Joe, way to get the kids involved too. It sounds like a great hunt. I went out again tonight, but only saw a few does. There is a lot of buck sign starting to show up, and only a few yards from my newest stand site. I can't wait for a couple more weeks to pass and get into the rut. The crops should almost all be out by then and the deer hunting should be awesome. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:05 AM

Great job Joe!! Wish I could have seen the look on them kids' face. We are finally on the board! Can't wait to see the pics! Congrats

I will be out again Sat. and Sunday. Just hope Mr Big shows himself. Can't hardly wait till Nov. 12th. It's killing me staying out of my best stands.

The skunk is off our backs, now lets add to it.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Joe! Congrats!!! Thats awesome letting the kids do their part....good job! Get those pics up!

Hey we are on the board....now lets start adding some inches guys! To win this thing, its most likely not going to bea couple of monsters...it will probably be the majority of the team contributing something.

I made it out this evening for the last hour and a half. Saw 1 doe, out of range. Gonna hunt tomorrow morning and evening, so hopefully mr big will stroll by. I haven't seen much action around here lately....and I still have yet to see the first rub But hey, thats ok....Nov is almost here...and you know what that means!

Good luck guys....whack a big one!

Old 10-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

well im headin out now. should at least have a chance at seeing deer where im going. and theres a good chance it'll be mr. buck. whatever it is its goin down! (im not really picky-must meet the following requirements, brown, 4-legged, white-tailed, very intelligent etc.) well hopefully when i get back tonight i have good news wish me luck!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck shootem up! I hope you get Mr. Big. I will not get out this weekend. I will be out by midweek though. Good luck to everyone and shoot straight!
Old 10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

had 3 does come in and saw a coyote. shot at the first doe and hit a limb that i couldnt see. (about 20min b4 dark) what a rush, still tryin to get my first bowkill
Old 10-31-2005, 08:58 AM

Due to my work, I only got to hunt Sat morning. Did see 3 does feeding. It seems the activity is picking up some. Two more weeks of work[:@], then I'll be off for two weeks hunting .

Going to hunt this weekend everyday. I'll be off call for work. Thank goodness!

Good luck ya'll!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Got out this past weekend and had a good time. Didn't see many deer but did shoot the same spike 2 times with the camera. When I get the pics on my computer I will post them. He came in at the same time on Sat and Sun morning and my friend saw him Sat evening at his stand. Saw a few does also between the 4 of us and my brother-in-law sat my post on Monday morning and had 3 bucks come in together, the small spike I photographed, a tall spike and a 4 or 6 pointer (it was hard to see and he couldn't see brow tines). He ended up spooking them when he stood up, his rain suit stuck to the pine tree and made a loud noise when pulling off. Oh well, they were all babies anyway, I would prefer if he let them go!!! He probably would have shot the bigger one if he saw brow tines. The other friend just about got a shot at a coyote but it never stopped to give him one. They were quite active all weekend.

Aside from slow deer movement, we did eat like kings and played smear until bed time. Oh I love camp!!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...

Still nothing on my end. I hunted Sat morning and evening, only saw 1 doe out of range. My buddy that was hunting with me didn't see any. Not sure what was up, I figured they would be moving good. Oh well.

I will be back out this Sat for sure, and hopefully friday evening too if my plans go the way I want. It should start to get good now. First 2 weeks of Nov are usually pretty good here. Last year, the rut was not that great. The year before it was good, and the year before that it was awesome! I saw about 25 different bucks that year in a 3 week period, it was crazy. So I'm hoping the "awesome" cycle runs in 3yr cycles...that means we are due for a good one!That's my logic, and I'm sticking to it! [8D]

Either way, I'll be out there giving it all I got. Good luck guys....whack some big ones!

~Mike

Quick Reply: Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.