Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

Well guys, made my last trip out of the woods with the bow and I couldn't score for the team. It has been one of the worst years for me as far as seeing bucks, all I saw were spikes and when I finally go to get some meat, no deer present themselves. I did see a doe and two nubby fawns but let mama go since she is a good producer of fawns and bucks to boot. I can't say I was skunked for 05 since I shot a doe last year on New Years Day and 06 just started, maybe it will be my year!!!!

It has been a pleasure conversing with all on the team, hope you have a great New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope it is a great year for all of us!!!

UP...good effort my friend. Can't say you didn't try. Some years you just have that happen, but hey...you are right, '06 might just be your year!!! It's been fun having you as a teamate as well!

My season is winding down as well. I've been out 3 times this past week, with no sightings at all. I know there are still some deer around, but it gets slim pickings in Dec where I hunt. I will be out again tomorrow morning and hopefully evening also, so we'll see. Our season ends on Jan 7th. Not much time left to help out the team, but you never know. If I don't get a nice one, well hey....that's ok. There's always next year !

Good luck to anyone who is still out there!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Well my season ended this past Sat., and unfortunately I didn't tag my buck. I hunted about 7 or 8 times during the last 4 weeks of the season, and never saw a deer. I hunted 3 different properties, and multiple stands...nothing. I really hate the late season sometimes.

Anyhow, sorry I wasn't able to contribute some points for the team. At least we got on the board. And if our the guys that actually took deer can get their entries on the score thread, we should end up with a respectable total. Congrats on the deer guys
I don't know if any of you are still hunting or not. I know some seasons are still open, but not sure if anyone on the team hunts in those areas. If you do, good luck!

For me...well, now that the season is officially over, the countdown has begun. My wife is already annoyed [8D]She can't believe I'm already talking about getting ready for next season!

It's been fun guys, I've enjoyed it.

God bless
~Mike
Old 01-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's over....I had a great season though I never took ANY Deer.
I did have opertunity & let them walk. I did have a couple decent Bucks within 10 yards and passed on some Does also even though I had a couple Bonus tags. I guess I am in those years that I really enjoy the solitude of the hunt. I have been fortunate in 49 years of Bowhunting to have taken Many Whitetails & a few pretty good ones.
I did manage a few out of state Bowhunts to ease the pain. A few wild hogs (I love hunting them) & a small 3x4 Elk.
Congratulations to those of you who did tag-Buck or Doe.
The fall of 2006 will be our year.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry guys didnt tag a buck this year. only got does. not much more i can say.