Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team  "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread >

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

What it be .. boys. Hows everyones luck been thus far this season? I myself am having my worst ever season in 10 years of hardcore deer hunting. Its november 8th, and I've shot 1 doe.. and 3 coyotes.

I came within 15 yards of an awesome 8 pointer that would have scored somewhere in themid 150's. The buck just wouldn't give me a clear shot! I hate hunting.. good luck gentlemen.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to agree on the "worst season ever" theory. This season is the most I have ever hunted. I have tried everything: ground hunting, stalking, staying all day, mornings, evenings, even moved some stands. Seeing plenty of sign and have pics that show there is plenty of deer around, just not seeing them when I'm hunting. I shot one doe earlier this season which I am very thankful for. The season is winding down, I will be out all of this friday and saturday. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

We should make our own "Team Worst Year Ever" where we sit around and tell stories about how we hate hunting, followed by heavy drinking and really bad karaoke.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys
Need a change in the weather sounds like.It's been a great year with many sitings and even some wall hangers being seen. I almost shot a 140ish 5x5 last night but held off. I wanted it but the body was small. The rut is rite on time for the 1st time in about 5 years. The weather is going to get warmer here till Sunday then change to colder temps. Hang in their fella's, we'll score . Take care n God Bless
Youngfart
Old 11-10-2005, 12:47 PM

Shot this deer last night, one lung hit, and recoved him first thing this morning. This "contest" was the last thing on my mind. No tag and no bow in picture. I did not have the bow along since it was a recovery effort the following morning and I had not tagged the deer yet. Oh well. Doesn't look like it will really matter unless the rest of you get on the stick!

Old 11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Good job!!!

I hope to get out this weekend and get a good old Illinois buck.

Good luck all!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats T, nice looking buck!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Hey T in Pa
Congrats on your recovery of yourdeer,hopefully the panel will allow it for the circumstances. Great to see you go get him,and for the the rest of us T in Pa,we have seasons that aren't even getting into high gear as of yet. Come to think of it I believe some states even have seasons that go into February. I'm not to worried about our teams ability to get it done, also this is a team concept here and were here for the comradreship and enjoyment of one another. Stories and fellowship and to learn from another what is best and what can be helpful to one another in different situations. A plus from the contest also is to meet great people and meet new friends.Last of all ,Don't look so serious when taking your picture, lMAO j/k,great job bud.
I was out from 6:30 am till 5:45 pm yesterday with out any sign of a deer in the wooods. Wow that's a 1st in my books.I usally push 1 or 2 while walking into the woods at least and the rut is on,go figure. I'll start hunting hard again tomorrow and through out the next week,temps are supposed todrop drasticlly from a high of 70 yesterday ,bye the way that was a record for here in Alberta for tempaturesto -18 by Sunday and snow. Best of luck to the rest of team#4 and lets not let T in Pa down. We'll score bud , we won't win this tourney ,but we'll win friendships.
Youngfart
Old 11-11-2005, 08:48 AM

Add a nice mature doe this morning.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Well i was out yesterday morning till noon and had my bow in my hands from 7:20 am till 10. Man the deer that were their was rediculus. Had 7 does and 5 imature bucks chaseing the does till their tounges were hanging out of their mouths. Never have I seen the likes of it. The bucks were running the does crazy. I'm thinking the big bucks are still sitting back and waiting till the does come into heat. They never showed up at all but I could hear deer in the bush grunting and making scrapes and rubs too. I'm thinking the deer will be in full rut in a few days yet. I still have the whole week ahead yet to hunt. Good luck guys and shoot straight.
God Bless
Youngfart

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.