Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team  "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread >

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Well Folks
It didn't happen ,me getting out Friday night that is. Went home not feeling good Friday morning and never got out of bed till this afternoon, Saturday. Still to weak to go out tonight ,so I'll have to wait till Monday morning to get back at her. 24 hour flu I must have had,man it nocked the crap out of me. Hopefully someone else from our teamcan post whats happening on their trips to the field.
Good Luck And God Bless
[] Youngfart []
Old 10-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Went out last nite and didnt see a thing. I got tuesday and weds. off this week so ill be out in the woods those days. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:06 AM

I was out saturday in what was left of tropical storm Tammy.. I saw nothing in the morning but 4 squirrels. In the evening I saw 10 doe and 3 bucks.. 2 of which were nice. There was an 8 that probably would score 120's and then a 12 in the 140-150 range.. Just out of range. Then it started pouring again and they opted for some heavier cover.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Found a buck Friday night. Someone had liver-shot him on Wed. Too bad the meat was spoiled. Tried to post a pic but it is too large. I'll try again later when I adjust the pic.

Salvaged the antlers. They went about 132" gross as an 11 pointer.

Too bad I never got a shot myself.

Good luck all!

LLBUX
Old 10-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys
Had a blast tonight as I finally got out after being down with the flu on the weekend. Actually I had a long lull till 720 till my last tickle of the antlers. Then the great sound of leaves going crunch crunch crunch. I tried in vein to see the deer but it was last light and he sure sounded close so I grabbed my binoc from the branch to have a look.
His bod looked big so I grabbed my bow and turned and let him get closer. I drew as he walked behind the tree blocking me from his view and had to hold for at least a minute ,finally he took that fatal step and I took one last look and decided to let him walk. He was only about a 140 buck but had lots of body weight. As I let go on my draw he bolted about 40 paces and started blowing cause he wasn't sure what had just happenend. LMAO. Just then my bud was walking down the trail towards me to meet me to walk out and the buck startled him as he started blowing at him LMAO. As we walked out to the field where my bud had spotted the big buck last week where he'd seen it I said just let me look the field over to see if he's out their. Sure enough he was and Dang he's big, same spot as last week. So we have a plan for Thursday night,he's going to sit in the feed shed that is about 25 yards from where he goes every night we have seen him. Hopefully my bud can do it and not fall apart come time of the shot. LOL. Not like last week when I met up with him and he was visably shaking. Wish us luck folks and good luck hunting and God Bless.
Youngfart

Old 10-12-2005, 05:33 AM

yf,
You need to increase your font size. These old eyes can't handle it.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

I got to go out the last 2 nites and seems everything is moving after sunset, a few does came out near my stand last nite but it was too dark to take a shot. I will be out again tonite, hopefully the big boys will start moving soon. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:17 AM

i drove by my spot on the way home from work and there was that damn big8 pointer sitting 5 yards from my stand.. GRRRRR

I wont be out until saturday.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys
Another good night on stand,had a 140 type 4x5 come in to the antlers at last light again. He 's the same one I had come in last week. Oh well, I'll keep trying and I also scared up the other 3 bucks as I walked into my stand. There also the same 3 that are2 that are 15o ish and the 170 plus buck. The wind was right too as I walked in ,guess the bucks were laying low in the tall grass out in the open fields,why I don't know.
Had the local policecall my wife asking if she knew anyone who owned a red truck and was wearing camo,man she said her heart sunk and she almostcried thinking the worst had happened to me. She said yeah and that I was bow hunting. The cops said good they won't bother me as they thought I was a serial rapist or something LMAO. But it wasn't a nice thing to happen to the wife,she said that was bad .
Guys be careful out their as the tempatures start to get coolerand we start to wear that extra clothing to keep warm. Making those steps up the trees a little longer cause of our extra clothing. Take Care And God Bless,
Youngfart
Old 10-16-2005, 09:43 PM

i saw 3 bucks yesterday.. a 4 point whick was a nice one, but illegal. a small 8 point and another small 7.

no dice on any of the big boys. i did see the one big boy.. at 5:15am on my way in.. in the beam of my flashlight..

i did wack a second doe. 25 yards.. thru the heart and lungs.. no blood trail with a pass thru.. she went 30 yards and collapsed.

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.