Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread! >

Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

NIce buck Tuff!! I have had limited hunting time so far but the weather is cooling off now. Just no rain for 25 days. Guess the water holes might bring some luck now. Going out tomorrow after work, maybe I'll get lucky. Good Luck to the rest of the team.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the buck I'm chasing last night! This is the same guy I've got some great trail cam photos of from last fall and he's definitely done some growing up since last year. Looks to be a 150 class 10 pointer with sticker points all over the place. A truely awesome buck! In the upcoming weeks my dad and I plan on hunting him pretty hard, so hopefully one of us gets a poke at him this year. He's a beauty.

In other news, I managed to take a doe last night and get some meat on the table. Now that I've got my first one out of the way for the year (took me long enough!!!) I can calm down a little bit, hunker into my stand, and wait for the big guy to pay me a visit. I can't wait for the next 3 weeks. This is what we live for all year long guys, let's get in the woods and get it done!

Oh yeah - my doe.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go Justin, Congrats bro...
Old 10-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Well I am going out tonight. The bucks haven't been moving very well around here. I will be out alot in the next week because next friday gun season starts and I loose my bowhunting land until after gun season as the owner gun hunts. hopefully I can get a shot at a respectable buck. I will keep you all posted. Good luck to the rest of you too.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey fellas! Just wanted to wish everyone some good luck for the next few weeks. I will be off to South Africa for 2 shows and 6 days of Hunting in Namibia! I'm pretty fired up about this trip. I going after a Greater Kudu, Oryx and Blesbuk. Hopefully I'll have some luck there as well.
Wisconsin had there T-Zone hunt for the past few days and I got some meat in the freezer on Thursday morning!!! Also had a REAL nice 12 point walk by me at about 30 feet. He came in with a little 4 pointer! They had no idea I was there! I was hunting from the ground to boot! I can't wait to get back and start hunting this bruiser!!!!!

O' yeah check out this heart shot with the Ole 870 express!

I love my new Digital Camera!!!! Sure take high quality photos!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:12 AM

I was out on friday night. I saw a really good 5x5. I tried doing some light rattling and some grunting to call him onto the land I hunt but he would look and then decide not to come. I am going out this week a few times hopefully I can catch a break and hook up with him again. Good luck on the hunt in africa! that would be awesome. Good luck to everyone else as well.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the doe Justin. Looks like a nice one.

I wish the rest of you guys the best of luck. The regular archery season is still going on for another two weeks in PA but with the influx of small game hunters, turkey hunters, etc... most of my hunting now is really hit or miss. Speaking of missing, I missed a nice sized doe on Saturday...
Old 10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr
Speaking of missing, I missed a nice sized doe on Saturday...
That's okay, feel free to miss all the deer you want - you scored points for our team and that's all that really matters.

I didn't get out much this past weekend, but in my 2 trips out I didn't lay my eyes on a single deer. Ah well, thats hunting I guess.

Here's a cut-off pic of a buck on one of my spots close to home that I'm hunting. Haven't seen him in the flesh yet, but if I do him and I are gonna have problems.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:59 AM

Well tonight should be a good night for deer movement here. It is the new moon plus there is a cold front moving in and it's supposed to snow. That should get them deer up and moving finally. I have seen some nice bucks the last few times out just wont come close enough. Hopefully tonight will be the night. Good luck to everyone else too!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning and rattled in a monster spike. Had him at 10 yards quartering away but I decided that 20 points just aren't going to be enough to win this contest so I let him pass.

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow night or Friday night depending on my workload. I have a mountain of paperwork on my desk that doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. [:@]

Quick Reply: Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.