Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread! >

Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Old 10-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Nice buck, Tuff. Good job.
Trae, Team 22
Old 10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

"I said, who's house? Tuff's House...I said who's house, I said Tuff's House"
Congratulations on the excellent buck.

I have been sitting home with massive amounts of poison ivy all over my face. I am currently on steroids and it is starting to clear up. I had to get my stand moved in order to avoid more ivy outbreaks.
I am headed to my property in Jerusalem ny and should have some more exciting updates monday.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the beautiful buck Tuff. Great job!
Old 10-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I was SO CLOSE this morning!!! I was up in Central Wisconsin with Todd (President of HNI) at his property and we grunted in a nice 2 1/2 year old ten pointer about an hour after light this morning. He was posturing nice and pretty and coming right in across the swamp - until he cut our tracks where we walked in and he froze up. He stood at 35 yards for about 10 minutes, smelling the ground, the air, and looking around. Eventually he turned and meandered back where he came, stopped, made two awesome scrapes, postured some more, then vanished into the woods. We got some really great video of him and were hoping to capture a harvest on film but it just didn't pan out. It was an awesome morning though. We saw 6 different bucks, including two spikers who were going nuts. One was chasing a doe all over the place, and the other must've walked on all sides of our stand 2 or 3 times. I had numerous shot opportunities at year and half old deer but elected to pass them up in favor of something a little bigger.

I'm leaving tomorrow at 11 for Southern IL so hopefully we get some more points on the board by next Monday! And if not, hopefully we'll get a chance to head back up to WI once the big boys start looking for does.

Here's a few screen captures of me "practicing" on a small 6 point that came in after we got down from our stands.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the luckiest buck in the woods today!

Old 10-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you had a great time !!!!! Now go whack one of those Illinios MONSTERS!!!

GOOD LUCK BRO!!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah great pics! I went out this morning and was at full draw on a doe that I tried to stop. She wasn't having it. She bolted and much to my surprise so did the buck that was chasing her! I didn't see him until he ran off still chasing her! Still a good hunt and that got the blood pumping! Good Luck, no hunting for me this weekend, I'm off to Los Angeles for a gig!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

You mean to tell me that you had a legal buck in your sights and you didn't take him?

[:@]

If we lose this contest because of your trophy hunting.......

Nice pics Justin. Good luck in IL. Go get a big 'un.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Great job Tuff!Haven't been on line here for a bit been busy hunting,without much luck I might add!Weather here has been very windy and WET to say the least.The deer aren't quite ready to play just yet.I have seen some doe a 3 point I passed on and last night I saw a potential shooter but hestay 120 or so yards out.There has been some great bucks spotted by others hunting the area,a 12 point with a 28" spread(so I'm told)a large 9 with a large droptine and many nice 8 and 10 pointers.I'm putting in the hours I have hunted every day since the 15th but one.I'll keep plugging away and hopfully when the bucks start chasing and searching I'll be in the right spot!Good luck to all and congrates to those that have scored already.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

After 4+ days of hard hunting last week with no bucks on the ground I'm taking a few days off to regroup, get all my clothes washed and de-scented, clear my head, put a new game plan together, and hit the woods. I'm gonna try sneaking out for one or two evening hunts this week since I'll be busy all weekend and won't be able to get out. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky close to home! My dad has spotted the buck we've been chasing for 3 years on three separate occasions now and just hung a new stand in hopes of getting a shot at him.

Nov 5-9 I'll be in Southern IL so I'm really really REALLY hoping to come home with something during that time. If not, I'll be pretty limited to my suburban spots for the rest of the year.

Good luck to the rest of my teamates in the upcoming days, and congrats again to our successful hunters. You guys rock!

Quick Reply: Offical "Perfect Tens" (10) Team Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.