Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

I scored unfortunately it was with a gun so i can't enter it for us. But u guys are all like a bunch of brothers to me so i figured i'd fill ya in on my good fortune today. I decided just to stand at my cabin today and watch a clover field well about 6:45 i see a lone deer feeding along the far edge of the field near a thicket but it was to dark to tell clearly what it was so i had 2 just watch and hope well time progresses to about 6:55 and he turned to look at me and i saw a rack so i beared down held a little high cuz i ranged it and it said it was 317ydand Isqueezed one off. fire flew and the deer jumped but to my suprise he came running right at me and i lost him than i thought i saw him standing there again so i was like what the heck so i dropped down and squeezed another one off only to discover i shot a pine tree thinking it was my deer lol. Well i waited till about 7:15 and decided i was going to drive up to where i last saw it and check for sign well i looked over in the field and there he layed 10ft from where i last saw him. I walked over to him and slipped and fell in a ditch and pulled my groin [:@]OUCH. I than called my father at work to tell him of my good fortune than i checked him out. He's no monster he's a 4pt but he has some nice beam length and will probably score around 45-50inches or so. I made a good shot on him clipping both lungs bit he was at a angle quartering to me a bit and my bullet exited through the stomach. He was a nasty mess to gut and smelled terrbile. Than came the task of dragging Try dragging a deer with a pulled groin ouchey ouchey lol i couldnt even barely walk let alone drag a deer but i managed to get it to the truck. But loading it forget about that that didn't work out to well. I called my sisters boyfriend because he was off to hunt also and he came and loaded it for me. He's not the biggest buck around but I couldn't be more proud of him though . I worked really had to get a buck this year and it finally payed off. I wish i coulda got him with a bow for us fella's but sometimes thats how things fall together. Funny part is i shot him about 20yds from my archery spot [&:]man if he just woulda decided to do this a few weeks earlier i'd be adding to our total. I wish all you guys alot of luck. You're all a bunch of grade A fella's and u all deserve a buck. Good luck boys! Ill post a picture once i get em developed if you guys don't mind?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's on your little buck deerslayer ,I'm very happy that you got your buck ,it's just unfortunate that you never got him with your bow ,because it look's as though we could have really used it .Thank's for the kind word's ,I'm sure your teammate's will really apprreciate it .This forum has really come to a quick halt lately ,but I'm still pretty positive that thing's will happen for us yet .
I was out this evening and it was a great night weather wise and wind wise ,but for some reason i never seen or heard a deer in the wood's ,A couple week's ago was the shotgun hunt and I have a strange feeling that the deer have become nocturnal here .I've hunted this stand 4 or 5 time's this season and have yet to see a deer from it ,although I have hunted on the opposite side if the road and seen deer come from this stand location ,figure that one out ? Every day that I come to this stand there's all kind's of track's coming from the trail's on both side's of this stand ,so I'm really unsure of why I'm not seeing or hearing anything here .I know that we're expecting very cold and snow tonight ,so just maybe the deer are staying low for the front to pass .this is just my guess .
Anyway's I'm glad to hear your hanging in here for your team ,since they've all been very quiet for the past couple week's ,hopefully they come to visit soon .So thank's again and kepp hanging in here for us ,because I certainly appreciate it .

nubo
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

ILL buck, that thing is a horse and congrats to you. Fine job.
Deerslayer. sounds like you will remember that hunt for a long time ( lol) Congrats to you also. Where do you live here in W-Pa ??
Old 12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

bullshooter i live in Somerest county im wmu 2c.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guy's !

Sorry for not getting in and posting much ,but it just seem's as though everyone's busy around here ,not only on our thread but the other team's as well.But anyway's I haven't seen a whole lot of action lately due to kid's and hockey and work ,but my plan's are to get out this coming weekend since we have snow on the ground, I thinkI have to change my strategy now and start concentrating on the food source's instead of trail's .I'll try to get in here and post a little more and just maybe thing's will get going for us soon . I'll let you's know how i make out this weekend .

nubo
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey fella's. I got the pics back from my buck even though i didnt harvest it with a bow and unfortunately i cant use the points to help us u all are a bunch of great guys so i still figured i'd show ya what i ended up with. he isnt much he ended up scoring 52 2/8 but he was enough to keep me happy and feed me this winter. Good luck fella's.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's and thank's deerslayer for the pic's ,It's too bad the pic wasn't a little larger and maybe those inch's might have doubled LOL
He's a fine looking young buck ,and the most important thing is that you harvested a deer this season regardless whether ,it scored point's for the team or not ,but we appreciate your participatioin regardless .
And again I must take a mionute to thank you for hanging in here for your team ,because it sure mean's alot to all of us .Keep up the great work .

nubo
Old 12-10-2005, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's !

The wind here has spoiled my day of hunting .The wind's are 70 klm wind's and visibility is very poor ,so hunting has been put to bed for the day.I wanted to hunt my favourite spot this morning and with the high wind's I figured the creek bed would have been the perfect spot to hunt this morning ,but when I left visibility on the road's was very bad and I had to turn around and come home .I guess I'll have to hope for better condition's tommorrow morning . I hope you guy's are having better luck than I am on getting out ,it just seem's as though every chance I get to go hunting the weather isn't cooperating .Good luck guy's

nubo
Old 12-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys just figured i'd stop by and see how everyone is fairing. It seems as though myself and nubo are the only ones who ever post here. Where are the rest of you guys? I hope you're all doing well and having success. Go get em boys. Nubo it sounds like the weather up there is really giving u a hard time this year. I hate hunting in high winds especially in archery season i'm always afraid it's going to throw my arrow way off and i'm always afraid of getting winded. It seems here when we have high winds its always swirling switching direction constantly when it does that i just pack it up for the day no use scaring every deer in the vicinity. Stick with it nubo i'm sure the wind will cooperate eventualy. Man i wish we woulda had the weather i have now for archery season. About 25degrees and around 15 inches of snow woulda helped me out alot. lol. Good luck boys one of you should be due to score here anytime.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the nice deer deerslayer!

2nd archery season is coming up and I have seen some nice ones that have slipped through rifle season around my place.. Games not over yet fellas.

This is PAHUNTER21.. Checkin in!

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.