Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

I must say that I'm very dissapointed that you guy's aren't here to congratualate Bullshooter on his harvest yet .I know that we're all busy ,but this is a time you need to just take a minute and speak ,so get your butt's in here and make a post .

nubo
Old 11-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fella's sorry i havent checked in lately i've been swamped with alota stuff going on in life at the moment. Today was the last day for Archery season here in Pa and unfortunately i couldnt find a deer to harvest. I'm sorry i didn't get a buck for us fella's. I really tried as hard as i could and put in every spare minute i had. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I would like to congratulate bullshooter on the dandy. Good job bud! I'm sorry i didn't score for us fella's but thats how hunting is, win some loose some. Good luck boys! Get some bone!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Deerslayer223 you can only do what you can ,and since this was just a fun contest ,we wouldn't want it to interfere with our day to day life .We appreciate your participation on the team and we would like you to continue to participate with the team thread even though your season's over ,if it's just a few kind word's to the successful team mate's or a little pep talk to the one's who are just having a ruff time ,any way you want to participate would be greatly appreciated by team Autumn Ninja's. I know all too well how you feel about just not having the right opportunity ,but that's just part of the sport we love soooo much ,there's alway's next season to look forward to .Thank's for the great effort .
The archery season here in Ontario doesn't close till Dec 25th ,and I've just returned from the rifle hunt and I must say the buck's are now in full rut ,so hopefully this week I'll bag my big boy ,if he never bought it during the firearm's hunt last week ,he's made it through 4 or 5 of them now ,so I'm hoping he made it through this one .
Anyway's please continue to participate with the contest just a few word's would be great .

nubo
Old 11-13-2005, 08:35 PM

congrats bullshooter on your buck harvest
Go Autumn Ninjas!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

AWESOME!!!! Congrats BullShooter!

Sorry I haven't been around guys.. Work is killing me!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

BJ good to see your still around ,it's been awhile since you've been here ,but regardless it's nice to have you around whenever you can get the chance to post .I hope that your getting some time in the wood's ,I sure would like to hear how it's been going .

nubo
Old 11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fella's. Im sitting here right now watching a solid 100" 8pt chase a doe around in the field behind my house. Man i wish archery was still in i bet i could call him in pretty easy . O well thats how it always goes. Good luck fella's im sure one of you will score some bone for us here really soon. I think i'm going to go squirrel hunting tonight. Archery is over and i still got the hunting bug and all thats in is small game so i figure i might as well go get some treerats for a tasty meal [8D]. Good luck and shoot straight!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

John---thought I would bump you back to the top
Thanks for the kind words earlier---much appreciated.
I wish you luck with the "hawg" now get off your butt and go get him,call in sick,whatever,just spend everyday in the woods and nail him.
Good luck to the rest of the team as well

deerslayer223---Do you PA boys not have a late season bow hunt as well?
inquiring minds need to know.[:-]
Old 11-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey fella's. Yes extreme1 we have a late archery season starting the day after christmas and lasting 3 weeks i believe, but that season is hard as heck to even see any deer. With a 2week gun season coming in the 28th of this month the deer get mighthy spooky in late archery and alot of the bucks already dropped their horns come late season. I may go out a few times weather premitting if we dont have 3 feet of snow, or if i dontharvest a buck with the rifle. I love archery hunting don't get me wrong but the 1st day of rifle season also holds a special place for me. Theres nothing like going to hunting camp listening to everyone tell tales and watching football. I hope everyone is having some luck and team autumn ninjas can win this thing. You are all a great bunch of guys and each and everyone one of u deserves it for the time u put in. I'd love to be able to be on team next year with u fella's also. Good luck boys.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deerslayer !

Thank's for hanging in there for your teammate's ,we certainly do appreciate it ,your a class act keeep up the great work.It's really too bad that your season's over ,I guess we here in Ontario are very lucky to be able to hunt till Dec 23rd .
I was out for my 2 day's off ,but for some reason I never seen a deer and that's not the norm for me this season .The wind's were very high and that could have been part of the problem . and not being able to hunt during the best time's was probably another .Although at this time of year the buck's are now running rampant and can be in front of you at almost any time of the day ,but nothing was to be seen on these 2 day's . I'll be off Mon and Tues so I'll give her another go ,but this time I'll have some scent to use with my call's and rattle's ,I had no scent left from 2 week's ago ,and i haven't seen a thingsince so this might just be another reason I'm seeing no deer. I went to my local shop Thurs and got some ,so we'll see if this make's a difference .The spotI checked the other day has been surprisingly heavy hit from some serious buck rub's and scrape's on the tree's surrounding my treestand ,I gave this spot some quiet since I was having success elsewhere ,and now thatI haven't had too much luck there I decided to check this location ,just to find that this spot was very active as well ,so maybe the quiet has done me some good ,and just maybe my luck is about to score big .
Anyway's guy's keep hunting and good luck with the buck's .
Let me know when your season's end ,now that deerslayer's season is over it's got me curious to just how many of us are out in the wood's or sitting on the couch .

nubo

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.