Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Hey ILL BUCK, another Illinois hunter here, where did you bad that beauty? Congrats on that stud.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's !

I was out yesterday morn and a doe and fawn came out to me and stood around .The doe left ,but the fawn stayed put for 10minute's ,it gave me every available shot possible ,I tried scaring it off by moving so that it would see me ,but it just stood there and watched me ,the doe returned and they slowly walked off ,either of these deer could have been taken very easily if I had wanted to ,but it's too early for that .I have a doe tag fo another area which I'll hunt in the near future and I'm 99.9% sure I'll get my doe then. Today I went to check out another stand location and my bud asked me why I hadn't been with himyesterday morn,because he had 2 shootable buck's come right across a field to him from where my stand was.When they got to within 40yrds of him they got scent and ran back in the direction in which they had came from .My friend said if I had been in my stand I'd of either taken one when they first appreared or I'd a got one when they returned ,he followed their track's directly under my tree stand .Every morn is a chore to decide which stand to go to and I had thought of going there ,but the farm in which I went has a 12 pointer there that I've been chasing for 4 year's now and the farmer seen him again 2 week's ago in the field ,so I'm blaming this on Ill Buck ,I raised the bar and made the wrong decision ,so give him hell guy's.Anyway's I'll nit be able to get out until the weekend now due to work and kid's hockey ,so Sat evening and Sun evening look's like the plan .

Good luck guy's and give em hell.

nubo

nubo
Old 10-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys I went out tonight but struck out kind of got home late so I hunted right next the house on a corn fieldthat has the end rows picked is all . Lots of tracks but no deer .
This weekend is going to be warm so who knows .

Agian nice buck ILL BUCK !!

NIce to see you all on here
Old 10-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Bawanajim, I have one more buck tag and all the does I want to kill.

Vogt, I live and hunt in east central illinois.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats ILL! AWESOME BUCK!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

hey ILL BUCK, thats pretty cool....
I hunt in Livingston county, just north of Pontiac.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Vermilion county, just north of kickapoo state park.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Hey all shot me a yearling doe tonight.

I got home late agian and time I trianed my lab pup it was 6:12pm so I thought I would go for a walk around a corn field right next to the house . The corn end rows has been picked so the first 12 rows around the field has been picked I was walking the edge when I seen some fresh sign where they have been crossing the fence so I backed into the corn 3 rows and removed a stalk out of each row and stood . It was about ten minutes and here she came about 15 yards away put prefect shot on her and she jumped and stood there for a few seconds and down she went then the mother doe came out and stood there for 2 to 3 minutes I drawed on her but didnt want to be to greety so I let her go .

I love shooting them on the ground it gives it a close up and personal value to it .

Hope you all are getting to hunt good luck!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guy's are a tough bunch of guy's to get on here and tell of your adventure's we only havwe a couple regular's here everyday .Well guy's I'm curious ,did anyone get out hunting tonight ? let's hear about it .We'd all like to hear about each other's adventure's into the deep wood's.

nubo
Old 10-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fella's, i havent got a deer yet. I've missed 2 does so far one jumped the string and the other i judged it for 25 and it was 18 i dont know what i was thinking and shaved hair right off his back. I've only seen one buck so far and it was a small 3pt. the rut is coming in here in a few weeks so hopefully than ill start seeing bucks. I have a good spot overlooking a small foodplot connected to a thicket with a funnel behind me this spot produced 5 deer last yr for the guys i hunt with and with all the does ive been seeing i hope its just a matter of time. Sorry i dont check in everyday i try to get in here as much as possible! Good luck guys. and congrats ILL buck great way to get autumn ninjas started off. I'm sure we'll have quite a few more bucks before the contest is over.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.