Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Very nice buck ILL B !!!! Is there a story with it???
Old 10-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

ILL BUCK- CONGRATS VERY NICE DEER- I WILL BE TICKLED WITH ONE HALF THAT SIZE- ( STILL HAVE NOT KILLED A WT WITH A BOW- AK NIMROD
Old 10-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Hey all I didnt see nothing tonight thats the way it goes thoe . How about you guys anyone seeinganything ?
You guys should pop in once in a while so we now you are still alive. So if you aint we could at least send flowers.

Hopefully I can get out 2 or 3 times this week till weekend comes .We cant leave ILL BUCK hanging he gave us a good start.

Hope all of you are well good hunting.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can see what you mean about the pic being better Mike ,it definately is a great pic and really show the best feature's of this great looking buck .I couldn't be happier for you and for our team ,it definately give's us something to talk about ,way to go and hopefully the rest of your season goes just as well.Thank's for sharing this buck with your team ,it's just what we needed to get the arrow's flying .

nubo

Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Nubo, hows this pic??

Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike!

I still like the last one better it's the clearest of the 3 ,but this closeup is awsome as well and I'll be saving it in my file's .I'm just heading out the door now for a hunt ,I'll have this pic ingraved in my mind while I'm outthere ,I just hope that I don't raise the bar too high for a shooter LOL

Just looked at it again ,WOW he's a real brute ,gotta love that shot .

nubo
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM

thats a brute in my part of Texas i would be lucky to see one half that size..

Went out this weekend and had an unsuccessful weekend[:@][:@][:@]
Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 PM

ILL BUCK- what a great lookin buck. Congrats!!! This gives us all something to shoot for. I get to get out for 3 days at the end of the week and temps are falling and I expect the action to heat up. Those pictures really pump me up to wait until I see one like that.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Hazcon, to bad I couldn't put one on the ground like that last year for ilkneeickypoo huh!!

Not much of a story to go with him. Killed him on my own land that I have been hunting for the last 12 years. I don't scout and leave most of my stands up yeararound. I was just waiting for the cold front that came through Illinois that day and picked the stand due to wind direction.

I did have 2year and a half old bucks come by me earlier on the down wind side (about 20 yards away) headed up to a corn field. Thank goodness they got by with out blowing the hunt for me. About 1/2 an hour later a doe about come close enough for a shot but she turned and headed back the way she came from. Then about 20 minutes before dark I heard a buck rubbing his antlers off to my left. Just a few minutes later I saw this nice buck walking towards me on my mowed path that I have around the edge of my grown up bottom field. He was upwind and just walking that path.
He stopped right in my really only good shooting lane I had to that mowed path when I grunted with my mouth. Already drawed back I just let it fly!!!
The hit was right where I thought, a tad high and a tad back. He was quartering too a little which didn't help any. I got a pass thru at 15 yards with a rocket sidewinder catching one lung and liver. The blood trail was not what I have come to expect from above mentioned broadheads and the tracking was tough. Once we found where he finally went back into my woods the tracking got just a little easier and we found him about 100 yards once he went back in the woods. He traveled 300 plus yards total.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a great buck & on your own land too. Great job ! Are you done buck hunting now or do you have another tag?

Thanks for the pics.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.