Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

Good luck Antler Eater and be safe and have fun. Have you hunted elk before? How did you get into it? Learn yourself or did you go with a guide or friends the first time?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I think that Mail men may lead to ridiculous amounts of smack talk.
I, personally, like Hearstoppers. (Not just because I came up with it.) However, I am a team player and will go with the majority.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:53 PM

That is impressive M.Hensler. Mail Men gets my vote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chucker34 I went the first time in the mid 90's. I was suppose to have a guide but was left alonefor a day so I struck out on my own and gota bullthat eveningby thespot and stalk method. Since then it I have always gone on my own mostly on public ground. Any experienced elk hunter will tell you the odds are against you. Just being there is an experience in itself, the mountains, the bugles, the thin air (cough cough)...If a guy arrows one man it is icing on the cake...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, I appreciate it...Sounds like team four has already got one on the ground...you guys will have to keep things interesting while I am gone....
Old 08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

When does everyone's whitetail season start?
here in MD it is Sept 15th.
We also get one Sunday hunt
Old 08-22-2005, 07:31 PM

Our season begins Sept. 17 and runs through the end of December.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

October 1st to the end of december here.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Oct. 1st For me. Sunday hunting aloud in Ohio. I will be out every day from Oct 1st to the end of Nov., if necessary to fill all my tags. I'm fourtnate enough to be able to make my work scedule fit around my hunting.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I figure more then half of us like the name Mail Men,so we will go with it and try to get a team logo made up ASAP.The right we are going with figuring out a team name,the season will be over
I will change our Thread Title today and officially be called Mail Men(we always deliver)
I do understand some of your concerns about the name and that its going to open the door for uncontrolable smack talk---lol----oh well.It will invite everyone in our thread and we will always have something to talk aboutPersonally.I think its going to be fun just trying to back up our team name.
M.Hensler-----Are you working on anymore team logos?
I was reading some of the other team threads and came across something that interested me----everyones hunting rigs.What does everyone drive.?
I just bought a new to me pickup last friday.Its a 1999 Ford F150 XLT Sport 4X4.Ext cab 4 Door. Its got the 4.6 in it which has plenty of power to do whatever I ask of my truck and also a little easier on gas then the 5.4.It has Durango AT tires(265-70-17) on polished aluminum rims.I am in love with this truck already and only owned it for a little over a week.I will try to get a pic of her today before I head off to work and post it.
Whats everyone else got for a hunting rig?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

lol mail men i wasnt picked for that team i deliver here in ohio

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.