Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

I nominate Extreme1 for captain!

I for one am not that good at making up names but i will give it some thought this weekend.
A little bit about my self
just turned 40 something, been hunting for 25, only bow hunting for the last 5 years and wish I had started sooner.
I hunt on a 300 acre tree farm lease with 6 friends only 2 of us bowhunt. I also hunt on some bow only public property.

I have taken some nice does and seen a few decent bucks on both properties, but never close enough to shoot a buck. They sayt good things come to those who wait!
Patience...
Old 08-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

....Patient Predators....
Old 08-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW Antler Eater,seems like you have alot of time on your hands budYou came up with some great names
Patient Predators
Bone Busters sounds good as well
countem an mountem
hornsoplenty
Male Men(yes we always deliver)wife just laughed at this one and said not true
These are a few I like,but we need everyone else to agree on one,write down your favorites and the ones most picked will be vot
ed and likely picked if everyone agrees
Anyone here have photoshop,we need a team logo made up
Thanks for the captain nominations guys-----I'll do my best..
We still need Bullrider86 to sign in----I cant seem to find him anywhere in the system.I got ahold of HNIjustin to give me a hand with this a couple days ago but still havent received anything
Old 08-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

....Patient Predators....
hornsoplenty
rackem an stackem
countem an mountem
autum bandits
Bloodtrailers
Boiler room bunch
Heartstoppers
Awesome Archers
Autumn Archers
Hidden Hunters
Windwalkers
Skywalkers
Sherwood Forest Fugitives
Rut Stoppers
Meat Grinders
Male Men (Yes, because we always deliver)
Jugular Jocks
Sling and Slice
O2 Bandits (As in O2 being the symbol for Oxygen)
Shaft Shooters
Bone Busters
Tall Tine Takers
Antlers "R" Us
Hoof N Horns
Ungulates "R"Us
Bambi Finds a Home
Killers in Kamo
Lunch Bucket Bucks
Bows, Blades, and Backstraps

Extreme1, congratulations Captain!
Some days I do have more time than others hence the "list". Your wife's reaction to the "Male Men"made me laugh. I never thought of that name from a female'spoint of view.Looking at it from a social standpoint (instead of my "one track" hunting mind perspective) I would have to concur with her conclusion.

Of the names we have come up with here are some I like.

Heartstoppers
Bone Busters
O2 Bandits
Hornsoplenty
Male Men (Sorry I just can't help myself, I like it...The because we always deliver punch line is a great follow up )
Killers in Camo (I went back to the correct spelling of Camo so no one would mess with the Ks on us).

At any rate those are some that would get my vote. The name issue is no big deal to me. Last year so many of us were concerned with coming up with a catchy name for the team and in the end it didn't really matter what we were called because there was only one buck taken between the 10 guys (Hence my comment about Ten Men and a Buck).

I will be interested to hear our team membersgoals and/or expectations for each persons season. Whatever they are it will be fun.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:01 PM

Hello Team 9. No big deal for me on the names either. I guess I would narrow my top 5 names down to Male Men (funny), Antlers R Us, Bone Busters, Heartstoppers, and hornsoplenty- in that order. I think the slogan for the first choice would be great and spur some smack talk. : )

As for expectations for this year, I am just hoping for my first deer taken with a bow (first bow season). If it takes all season (Sept. - Dec.) to get a small doe then I would consider that a fun time and a success. I saw a few nice bucks last year that should have made it through. Although confident of my shooting abilities (been practicing often) I would consider taking one of them with a bow exciting enough to make me faint (after I takethe shot)so I willl tighten my safety harness good!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chucker34 sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things. I am glad to hear you are practicing and are proficient with your bow. That will pay big dividends when the moment of truth presents itself. Plan your work, work your plan. Know when and how your are going to draw and pick a small spot on your target and follow through on the release. Sounds so easy doesn't it.. After all these years and many bowkills under my belt I still remind myself of the above information when I decide I am going to loose an arrow. If your don't have a system or a planof attackin your head concerning what steps you are going tofollow and performwhen the buck is "knocking at your door", it becomes too easy to suffer an emotional meltdown during crunch time and blow an opportunity.

This is going to be your Year!!! Nothing like the first bow kill. It is one a person never forgets. We are glad to have you on our team!!![8D]
Old 08-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be interested to hear our team membersgoals and/or expectations for each persons season. Whatever they are it will be fun.
My goal is to get a big buckBut my expectations is to get a doe within the first week of the season,put some tasty meat in the freezer and hunt hard for 3 months to get a decent buck.I am not shooting anything small.I am looking for a deer with at least 8 points and scoring 110" plus.I will definately do my best for the team,hunt hard and definately give it 110%.
Chucker34------I also wish you luck buddy on your first deer.You will get one this year being big or small,dosnt really matter.Hunt hard,have fun and when the moment arrises we will all be here partying with you.
If anyone here wishes to e-mail me my addy is [email protected]
Jason Rombough
AKA----extreme1

So far Mail Men is one of the favorites----I like it alot-----lmao
Anyone with photobucket experience?
Old 08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Extreme1, that sounds like a great plan! I would love to see you drill one of those huge Canadian "Hogs"!!![8D]

...Oh before I forget it. I intentionally spelled Male Men wrong. It was part of the gag. On the other hand spelling is irrevelant to me...
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Antler Eater,I am hoping to do just that this year.I have seen some big ones running around this year.One going at least 160 and the body is huge.Alot of nice 8 pointers as well.I really gotta get me one of those trail cameras.
Good luck to you as well man----with a name like Antler Eater,how could it not happen.
We are going to have a great year,I can feel it
You like Mail Men,or Male Men-------Mail Men for me(cause we always deliver)lol---------I love it
Old 08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Mail Men is fine with me.....As long as it doesn't develop into one of those Full Monty Filmswhere those dudes strip in a mail man's uniform. I would hate to make anyone sick.

I haven't seen any big bucks running around my area. I have one camera (Homebrew) that I put out but I have not caught any big bucks on it. I am sure there are some nice ones around, I just haven't seen them.I will have to learn to be patient.[&:]

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.