Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:02 PM

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Extreme. Guy at work today got me all worked up when I described the freshened scrape as a bunch of long drag marks along with some sharp holes punched in the ground. "Those holescould just be wherehis massive horns stuck into the ground when he was smelling the scrape," he said. My thoughts are that they are more likely fawn or yearling hoof marks, though they go into the dirt at a 45 degree angle. Hope the guy at work is the right one though.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Well I put my dripper out and made thescrape underneath iton Sunday.
I went out this evening to hunt and could not resist checking on the scrape. It did not look like anything had been pawing the scrape
but there was only a couple of leaves in it (it has been windy and raining since Monday) so I cleaned out the leaves and made some short scratches. I then addedanother 1/2 ounce ofmore active scrape to the dripper and poured the other 1/2 ounce into the scrape.
About 2 hours later I hear a branch snap to my right (where the mock scrape is) I look and see 2 large does, 1 medium size doe and 3 yearlings milling around the scrape. None of them actually went to the scrape but the 2 large does were within 2 feet and they both were licking their noses checking the wind. After about 10 minutes of this they strolled up the ravine heading away from me.
Not sure if them milling around the area means anything but they did not appear to be alarmed.
We shall see!!![8D]
Extreme, good luck on the Lotto
I have a better suggestion
why don't you buy a big chunk of land that we can all hunt on all the time.
hell you can build us all houses, we can live there andhunt off of our back porches.
What cha think
Old 10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

My feelings towards scrapes are...... I love them! You guys spend too much time making your own scrapes! Find the new ones that the deer are making and fresh them up. If therse a buck there he will make his own scrape. Intrude on his home he WILL show up. You just have to be there.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

Hello guys ! I have hunted scraps for years. I love the subject. I love scrapes. Hunt the spot three days in a row. Put scent in every morning After you leave from your morning hunt. Try to make him show up during the day. If therss a buck He WIILL show up. I have seen scrapes next to the bedding and next to the feeding areas. Next to the feeding are the best to pull this on . Find his scrape and you got him! You neeed to go to him not him come to you! GO GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

I can talk now I got mine. Come on Guys!!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fred,did you get that buck of your scored yet for the OFFICIAL SCORE CARD ?

Well ,just getting in from the morn and all I seen was turkeys.I really wish I could have stayed out later but have to work this afternoon[:@]
On my way to my stand,just inside from the field edge there was a new scrape that wasnt there on the weekend.Deer poop all around it and hoof marks in it as well.I was very careful around this area and left for my stand.
I freshened up my mock scrape that was worked over a bit.
My scrape I made farther down that I peed in had hoofs all through it.
I go in for noon till 5 tomorrow so hopefully I can hunt a few hours in the morn as well.Not sure where I am going to sit though.The deer are just starting up in my area.I just may go sit in my stand in the corner of a corn field.It hasnt been cut yet,so hopefully I can see something moving from the corn to the woods.
Be back later tonight
Jason
Old 10-27-2005, 10:03 AM

Gonna start getting dark around 5 beginning this Sunday in Minnesota. So most weeknight hunts are out after this week. Going out tonight. Leaving work early at 4. Asked the boss if I could cause I had some errands to run. She said okay and smiled and asked how hunting is going.

Fred, you are right and have walked the walk.I haven't seen any scrapes on my hunting areas but know the bucks start showing up soon looking for the does so I thought I'd make some pre-emptive strikes to rile them up. Who knows if that will actually work.

Extreme, did you win the lottery? I agree with Fred. You should buy hunting land. You should start your own enormous hunting ranch (no fences of course)and we can be the full-time guides - even though this is my year bowhunting and it takes me 45 minutes to dress a medium-sized doe.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

The truck is loaded and I just got finished sharpening my broadheads for tomorrow morning. This will be my first morning hunt this year, it is in the mid 40's right now and not a cloud in the sky. The morning should be perfect with the exception my son will not be able to join me. He has made other plans with the new lady in his life. He is only 15 the deer will be there when he figures the other gender out
Old 10-29-2005, 01:24 PM

Hey SIDEWAYS, how'd it go? Got out this morning and had a few does come into about 15 yards of the ground blind. They sensed something was up but snuck out in front of me and peed all over the woods for about 5 minutes before turning around and heading back the way they came. I was happy they put out some natural scents for me.

Hey AE, I hear ya in the bust post. I can guarantee you I don't put in the time or effort you do, but I do get out as much asI am able and I will be disappointed if I don't get a small buck cause I'm tryin' hard for it. Anyway, I don't enjoy sitting out there for hours on end with nothing happening. In that case, I wish I would have packed a picnic lunch. But I do love the feeling I get when I hear the leaves crunching and think it could be a bigun.'

Well, some lunch and then heading back out. See ya.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where's that Extreme1 these day's ? itdoesn't seemlike he's beenaeound muchin the last couple day's ,I'm very curious to how he's making out .Give him a message it's either he get me deer or he owes me a beer LOL

nubo

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.