Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Chucker, i am having the same problem getting my son's bow dialed in. Field tips he is pretty consistant out to 25 yards, put broadheads on and he can't hit the target at 15 yards.I have tried heavier broadheads and arrows with less spine to no avail. The bow is new to him, but used. My next step is to take it back to the pro shop and get their opinion, otherwisethey will take it back.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:17 PM

SIDEWAYS,

That's too bad about your son's bow. Hopefully you'll get it worked out soon. Did your season start today?

Kind of a long story. I've been shooting great all summer. Shooting with real muzzy blades and 200 weight arrows unknowingly though. Then I realized it and started shooting with 300s again but swtiched over to practice blades thinking it would cut my 3d target up less.Those seemed to be shooting fine. But then I tried a completely new set of 300s I bought just for hunting and switched back to the real blades. I'm 95 percent sure I just need to adjust the site pins. I just tried to do it half-a--ed last night in half darknes and lost an arrow in the process.[:-]I will try again in the light of day late this afternoon.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah, our season started today, but i was not able to get out, I am going to try and go tomorrow afternoon. We are supposed to get some much neededrain, so if not tomorrow then Saturday will be a go.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guy's how's the scouting going ? hope you's all have a great season opener .

Extreme 1 I'll be leaving for 2 week's on my archery moose hunt Sat morn at 3:00am hopefully we get to talk before I leave, if not good luck buddy and keep up the good work. I'll be sure to have a few pic's and a story for ya when I return .

Later my friend

nubo- Autumn Ninja's
Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Good luck this afternoon SIDEWAYS. I asked my wife if she thought I should hunt out of my stand or one of my natural ground blinds tomorrow morning. She got a big smile and told me I should dig a hole in the ground and hide in it. And when a deer comes by, grab it by the legs and pull it in.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

LOL chucker.
I got ready to go earlier this afternoon and was sweating like a dog. I looked at the thermometer it was91 degreesso I decided just to wait until morning, hopefully it will be alittle cooler.
Good Luck to everyone tomorrow!!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM

I have been seeing some dandys and am going hunting tomorrow night. How do I get the team rack attack and team mail men as my signature? Good luck everyone!
Old 09-17-2005, 07:01 AM

Not sure 24/7? Does anyone else know. I bet UPhunter, who designed our logo, would. Maybe PM him. Good luck tonight.

I went out this morning and was settled in by about 6:15. Unfortuneately, I picked a spot that was too deer friendly as a huge doe jumped up rightin front of me asI came up to my ground blind. I guess I never considered it to be a bedding spot. No real sign of that and somewhat out in the open except for my blind. Anyway, sat there for about an hour and got bit up a fair amount by mosquitos. Bug suit from Cabelas worked in the back yard butdidn't work in the woods. You get what you pay for I guess. : ) Anyway, walked back to the house as it started lightening and saw a doe and fawns running toward me. I dropped behind a tree but knew I was busted when the doe started making these "UUUURRRPPP" sounds and we all stood still for about ten minutes. Started raining harder and with no shot, I threw a rock in the opposite direction and they took off.

Might go out again this afternoon if it dries upbut was a good morning all in all. Nice tosee deer and I still have 3 more months. : ) Think I'll get one of those thermacells for mosquitoes. Anyone have any experience with them?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys I havent been on in a while.I was working the afternoon shift and coming home and painting.I will hopefully be finished this house by tomorrow afternoon.
Chucker and SIDEWAYS,good luck on the hunt.Glad to hear you are seeing some deer.I feel for you though,it started raining here,got cool,and supposed to rain all weekend.Oh well,maybe keep me indoors this weekend painting.
I will be out sunday morn though to get my treestand in.Last weekend was so busy I never got it done.
Chuck-----Have you tried twisting your nocks to line up with the string.Put an arrow on your string and look down from behind.Is the cock feather straight down,maybe it is hitting your rest.Sometimes turning your nocks will greatly improve your accuracy.
SIDEWAYS--Your sons bow may need heavier spine.Is the nock point raised high enough and centershot dead on.Try moving the rest a little at a time,following the arrow as you would a site.Only a little though,Small increasments make a big difference especially out to 20 yards plus.
[quote]dig a hole in the ground and hide in it. And when a deer comes by, grab it by the legs and pull it in.

LMAO-----I would definately want to be there with the video camera to see what the outcome is

24/7 Hunter-----Welcome back,sure nice to see you on the team thread.Been awhile.Hows the season going?scouting?etc.
Come aboard more often and shoot it up with the guys.Im sure we all have alot in common
How do I get the team rack attack and team mail men as my signature
O.K you got it figured out how to get one on.So now go to my profile,go to signature and type in the addy forTEAM MAIL MEN.Hit apply at bottom of page and then hit O.K.Should work for ya bud
Where the heck has NewBHunter and OHBowhunter been.?
Come on guys,You join a team and dont respond yet being on everyday?I dont understand why you would be on a team if you dont want to get to know these fine gentlemen on a more personal level.This contest is for fun,a little smack and meeting new people.Lets get chatting guys,its not just about killing a deer and posting a pic.

If you feel maybe I am not doing the job you desire then we will put it to a vote and pick a new team captain

Old 09-17-2005, 02:10 PM

Extreme, I think I got everything worked out now. Shooting pretty accurate and consistent again. thanks for the tip on the knocks. Went back out again for a few hours to my stand on the other end of the property. Didn't see anything but had time to survey the land and think about where I might build a permanent stand and plant some mini-food plots next year. Very relaxing. The sun was out and I layered up on clothes to foil the mosquitoes.

I'm a writer by trade so I yap and write a lot, but I get tired of listening to myself on our post. I'd like to hear from everyone more often. Any observations about yourself or your hunting grounds are welcome. I don't live where you do nor am I in your shoes so I would be interested in anything you had to say. I have no idea what it's like in Kentucky. I've only been to Ohio once. An I never want to go back to Wisconsin and walk amongst all those cheese heads. Ha ha. Just kidding 24/7.

I, for one, also think you're doing a great job as Captain extreme.

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.