Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Thanks Jason. Where is everyone? Helllooooooo? Antler Eater, have you got an elk yet? All this talk of wearing cheerleading outfits with TJF is starting to scare me.

Holy cow it is going to be warm here this weekend. Probably the 80s again and the mosquitos don't let up. I've been thinking about getting a thermacell but my bug suit should hold me. How about everywhere else - Kentucky, Ontario, Wisconsin, Ohio, Maryland, and everywhere else? What is it like there? Is anyone out scouting monsters they plan on bagging like TJF did?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Man I am way behind the curve here. I have only hung four stands so far and opened up one other one. I should haveten stands opened up (these are permanent stands I have built and maintain) and hung at least a dozen more. I have so many projects going right now that it is hard to get my recreational activities in order. I am scheduled to leave Saturday for my second trip to Colorado. Some unsuspecting rutting bull will feel "Cupid's Call" I hope...

I finally got permission from my buddy to post his picture with his muley that we got a week or so ago. Let's see if I can pull it up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/kinnred/DSC00219.jpg" />

Okay guys what am I doing wrong? I can't remember how to post a simple picture...sheeess.....

At any rate fear not fellow mailmen, I will be ready when the rut comes around and I will deliver!!! Not sure how much I will deliver, but I will deliver nonetheless you can count on it!!

Got to get back to work.....Later
Old 09-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Nice muley!!!
Chucker, its about 86 here in MD. We could possible get hit by Ophelia Thursday evening or Friday. The season starts on Thursday so I will have to play it by ear for those days, but i will be out Saturday morning!!!!![8D]
Old 09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

High 80s here in PA[:'(]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Thatis a heck of a muley. Love the mass and height.

Chucker34

I would tell you how the cheer leader outfitordeal got started but Antler Eater made me promise not to tell. It scares me too!!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck----it hit a high of 29c here today,way to hot.I like my weather cool,like the 0c freezing point
Antler Eater----good luck on the second go around,hope you get him this time.That is one sweet looking muley your bud got there to
SIDEWAYS---good luck this coming saturday---wish you the best
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it scares you just reading about the outfit, you would be petrified to wear one!!!

You see REAL MEN aren't afraid to wear a short skir.....er....no wait....TOUGH GUYS are not afraid to put on a short skir...er....uuuhhmmm......You know what???? I am scared to death too!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well,Im working the great afternoon shift this week and dont see the wife and kids much at all during the week with her work and kids school.Anyways,I was talking to wife this morning and she told me the kids had a run in with a black bear(not sure how big)They were at the park playing basketball with my daughters friend.Park is 1 block from my house.Anyways they were looking at it and completely in awe.My daughter grabbed my boys hand and said we better get out of here.Just as they started walking away,the bear started walking in there direction as well.All this Im told is happening about 40 yards apart.An older gentlemen was driving by at the time and seen what was going on and told the kids to get in the truck(related somehow to daughters friend)He got on the cell phone and called the police there was a bear hanging around in town.Within a half hour wife said the police and one ministry guy were there to retrieve the bear.I got into town at 11:20 and seen no commotion,so they must have given up looking for it or found .
I will ask my friend who is a game warden if he can fill me into what happened to the bear.
Kinda scarry knowing that I am at work and a bear is playing in town with my kids running around.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:21 AM

When I lived in Bozeman we would have this happen once or twice a fall, especially in years that the berry crop was bad. Always thought to myself how freaky it would be to be taking out the garbage and having Yogi waiting there with a fork and knife...Luckily it was always black bears instead of their grumpier, larger cousins.

We lived up in the hills and it never happened there, although the year before we moved in they had a small herd of elk walk through and acougar...
Old 09-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Wow a bear! None around here but cougars can make me nervous sometimes when I'm walking through the woods. Someone from the DNR once told me they don'tm ake it this far south but I wonder what leaves scratch marks on horses's necks and backs and left a couple of foals dead and high up in some trees in the state park that borders our property? I doubt a bobcat. plus I've seen them before and reported to the DNR, who tells me I must have seen a yellow lab. : )

I switched over to using real muzzy's instead of the practice blades last night. I was hitting low right about six-seven inches. But at least I was hitting that spot very consistently. I checked everything over on the bow (had trouble with the cable guard pulling out before) and decided to adjust the sites. I finallyfound my allen wrenches and tweaked it a little too much. It was dark when I started practicing but I had the outdoor lights on. I heard the arrow clip the edge of the target and into the weeds or the neighbor's lawn it went. Needless to say I couldn't find it ended the night a little frustrated and will have to look again tonight for the arrow when I get home from work. I am confident I will get things fixed tonight or I won't go on Saturday.

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.