2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 09-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Helloooooooooooo
Old 09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW,did everyone check out TJF's(tim)deer.Team Doomsday.He got himself a 160 class buck.Put them on the board.Looks like we will have to work hard to better that
I spent some time in the woods this weekend.Dont want to overdo it though.Season opens up on Oct 1 .I had great expectations of hanging my last stand this weekend but it didnt happen[:@]Way to many things on the go,and no time to do it.
My son started his hockey season this Sat,well Conditioning I guess you would call it.I will find out when the tryouts are to see where he is placed.Really looking forward to this season.
Come on guys,lets get this party started---WHERE IS EVERYONE
SIDEWAYS----again thanks for bumping us---you the man
Old 09-11-2005, 06:49 PM

Will have to take a look at that buck. I spent some time in the woods this weekend too. Hot and humid - in the 90s - and full of mosquitos. My bug suit seems to work pretty well, though. I took some practice out there with my 3d target too and was pretty accurate at matching distances I estimated with my pins. Season starts on Saturday and am excited. Lots of does and one buck that I've seen so far.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck---wish I was there shooting with ya this weekend,just to busy for anything.Are you shooting the 300's?
I wish you luck bud on saturday---now lets get one on the board as well with a 170 class buck from ya
I am really itching to get out myself.I think I am driving the wife nuts,must be anyways,she told me so
Old 09-11-2005, 07:39 PM

That is a nice buck and great story of how he got him. Sounds like he did his homework and really earned his shot at him.

Anyway, shooting the 300s out to about 30 yards pretty accurate. Most shots will likely be half that though. Still using only broadheads for practice and had to put some new vitals in my delta backyard buck because I was shooting through.

Thanks for wishing me luck.Youwill be out there in the stand soon.My wife is sick of the hunting talk too and told me I could not talk about hunting for the next hour at one point on Saturday.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for wishing me luck.Youwill be out there in the stand soon.My wife is sick of the hunting talk too and told me I could not talk about hunting for the next hour at one point on Saturday
Oh man,We got way to much in common
Old 09-12-2005, 07:45 AM

Hey 24/7 whereabouts in Wisconsin are you? You don't need to give me a city or town, just whereabouts? Do you or does anyone get Field and Stream? Bill Heavey, who I enjoy reading, traveled to Buffalo County, Wisconsin to finally get his big buck. I guess more Pope & Young deer have been arrowed in that county than anywhere else in the U.S.

I've been reading alot about that Vang trial that is about to start. For those who don't know or can't remember, a Hmong hunter gunned down 8 Wisconsin hunters on private land on which he was trespassing last fall. Six died and it is the word of the two surviving hunters against Vang. If I remember correctly, only one of the 8 had a gun at the time, but let's not get into that today. I was just wondering what the mood is like there. Is there a lot of remembrance of what happened last year and do you think the end of the trial will bring some closure. Just a terrible thing that happened. Hopefully the families can find some peace some day although they will never forget.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I just read the post on the buck.
Awesome, just awesome
Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 AM

Thought I'd bump us up and ask a question. A huge storm that come through two weekends ago blew down and twisted some trees in our woods. One tree top just completely snapped down to the ground a few days ago and basically looks like a huge ball of leaves on the ground. I watched several deer mill around it yesterday as it is along their main travel routes. I'm thinking about going out there today on my lunch break and raking away the leaves around the tree top, trimming some lanes, and come Saturday, sinking into it with my 3d bug suit and waiting. What do you guys think? Any experiences hunting on the ground like this?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you just found the best natural deer blind in your hunting spot.Especially if its off a well used deer trail
Just make sure when you place yourself amongst all those branches and leaves you still have some clear shooting out in front of you.
I really enjoy using natural cover for ground hunting.Hay bales in fields,broken tree tops,long grass at edge of field etc.This way it is easier to follow the deers patterns.
Make sure you play the wind.Good luck----I wish you the best come saturday

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.