Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread >

Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 11:33 AM

Default RE: Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Congrats 2dog!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:58 PM

hey fellas......I'm leaving for the farm in about 30 min. Had a great encounter with a 12 point last week end so hopefully this week end will be good. A little warm for my liking,, but we shall see. Good luck to the rest of my team this week end, Diann
Old 11-07-2005, 02:41 PM

Hello everyone just alittle post to let everyone know I am hunting away.
The little bucks are starting to chase, I rattled in a fork horn the other night. The big bucks seem about a week or so away yet so will have to see about them. Good Luck!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

well......i missed...Big ten pointer came chasing a doe and a rushed the shot and it went right over his back. i saw 4 different pope and young bucks out of the stand that day so ill get another chance. o well. everyone misses.[:'(]
Old 11-08-2005, 06:08 AM

bwhunter501........at least you got a shot at a nice buck!!! You will get another chance. You may have a better one show up. I usually try to look at it that way. It seems to help with the depression!! HAHA Im headed back to the farm this morning for bow hunting the rest of the week....Guns open Saturday... I guess you're an archery addict when you hate to see guns coming[:@]
Good luck to you guys......stay in the woods!
Diann

PS. Last Sunday we were driving around some of the corn fields and saw an awesome 10 pt. in a meadow just above the field......going back to look for him!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:15 AM

Just an update from me.

Last weekend, I went to some public property. I was out all day and saw about 8 doe and a scrappy 3 pointer. I was setup in a hot spot with about 30 rubs and 2 community scrapes. My stand is 30 yards inside the wood line. Outside of that is some marshy area that turns into an open field.

Friday I went to the same spot and in the morning I saw 2 doe enter the woods. Then I saw 2 more doe chased by a 7 pointer. I was thinking that the season is getting along so I would have shot him but he never entered the woods. They just walked along the wood line in the marsh. I tried a couple of grunts but nothing. So I'm getting a little disappointed when I see 2 more doe coming from the opposite direction. One looks behind here so I look that way. That's when I see the biggest 12 pointer I have ever seen. He had to have a 22" spread or better. Tines weren't incredibly tall but looked very nice. So I'm watching the doe and 1 comes towards the woods and the other is heading up a hill to an old corn field. Guess which one he follows? I hit the doe in heat call, he stopped and looked into the woods then kept on going. I tried a couple of grunts, he stopped and looked into the woods then kept on going. Last ditch effort, I tried a snort wheeze. Same result. I just cried as I watched the biggest buck I have seen in person walk away from me. I waited until 12:30 and since I had been up for 12 hours by then, I packed up and went home.

Went out all day Saturday to a new place. I have to take a doe before I can shoot a buck on this Federal property Saw 3 doe in the morning but none gave me a shot. I feel asleep and woke up to a doe about 30 yards away and a forkhorn with the biggest body. Looked like an 8 or 10 pointer body. The doe stayed behind a tree or a branch or a bush. Anything that didn't let me have a shot. [:@] Feel alseep again to wake up to a doe about 50 yards away. Then it's about 4 hours till sunset. Around 5pm, the same 3 doe from that morning walk out and are heading right for me. The lead doe walks behind a tree and I draw. She steps from behind the tree and looks right at me. Oh well, time to let'r fly. I hit a little farther back than I wanted to but got a solid liver shot. Not much blood but found her 100 yards away. I was using the Slick Tricks so I am impressed with them. I got a total pass through and the arrow was buried 5 inches in the ground. Just wish there was a better blood trail. It sucks tracking a wounded deer in the dark. So my doe is out of the way and I can shoot a buck now. I was talking to another hunter out there who had 6 different 8 pointers and a 9 walk right by him. He hadn't shot a doe yet so he had to watch them all walk by. He said he isn't going back to that stand again before he gets his doe because it was too nerve racking! LOL

So here is my dilemma. Should I go back to the place with the 12 pointer or go to the Federal property with a lot of bucks? The public land had a youth shotgun hunt on Saturday so some lucky 12 year old may have gotten him. I didn't see any large bucks at my spot on Federal land so I would have to go somewhere else. Or I can try my luck to see if that 12 pointer is still there and goes by and gives me a shot.

How did everyone else do?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:12 AM

Congrats on the Doe G2 Shooter,

I would go after the 12 pointer, chances are he is still there or you would prob. hear about that big of a deer being shot in the area. At least around my area we usually hear about it. We have had some nice deer being shot and brought into our taxidermy shop the last couple of weeks so that is keeping us busy.

I went out pretty much all day on Saturday and had 8 does by and 3 little bucks, nothing worth shooting though. We got 300 acres of corn left in our main hunting area so that is keeping all the deer holed up in there but should be coming out this week and we have stands in all the timber surrounding it so I am ready.
Good Luck
Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM

Congrats G2 on the doe. I would go to the place with the 12 pointer, maybe he will come walking by you. I haven't been out as gun hunting is still going on. I'm planning on going out next weekend as gun hunting ends on Sunday.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:28 PM

I got my rifle buck this morning. He presented me a 100+ yard broadside shot and I couldn't resist. Watched him come from 300+ yards away. Now I can put the rifle back in the gun case and just concentrate on bowhunting. Going out with bowtonight to see if I can fill my bow tag.

Daggeryou can run but you can't hide!!!!!!!!

Tyler
Old 11-18-2005, 04:49 PM

Tyler, congrats that is a very nice buck. Good luck on getting one with your bow. I'm going to start up again next week, the weather sounds decent so I won't freeze to stiff out there.

Quick Reply: Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.