Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread >

Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Congrats on your first Bowkill reflexkid!!...i will never forget my first bow buck neither, it dosent get any better then that man!

Old 10-02-2005, 10:11 AM

reflexkid

Congrats on your first bowkill. I got my first bow buck last year and I know what it's like getting pump up like that.

I'm hoping to get out tonight (we had company on Saturday) andwhen your dad says he's going to sleep in 10 minutes he really means 3 and a half hours. We were going to get up at 5:40 AMthis morning and when I woke up it was 8:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Reflexkid.....CONGRATULATIONS...I'm sooooooo happy for you and that's great for our team!!!

We just got home from the farm....saw nothing Sat. am but a different story Sat. evening. 20ft up in a stand with a milo plot out in front of me and a dam behind me. Right behind the tree I was in, was a thicket of brush and trees and a ditch....the overflow on the dam comes out of the bottom of the dam to make a stream.....which right now is dry. Anyway, to the good stuff......had 4 does, 1 unidentified flying object...all I saw was butt...6 fawns had a really nice 8 point. The does and fawns were in and out of the ditch, but the buck was munching on acorns and wasn't coming out of the thick stuff. He finally stepped out into the open, but only enough to get a look at what was in the milo. Unfortunately, there was a willow tree between me and him [:@] Maybe next weekend. Good luck to the rest of my team
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Congrats on a nice first buck!!! I need alittle more story though, you can't just leave us hanging with opening day, first deer, pass through, am pumped.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:48 AM

Holy crap guys! Have you looked at the buck that deerslayer got?! 170 inches! That's a nice looking buck. Makes me wonder if people that live in areas that have big bucks take it for granted? I hope not. My state's record bow kill buck is 183-3/8" for a typical. People around here consider a 120-130 class buck a monster.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM

I don't think most people take them for granted, but a 120 to 130 class buck prob. is. I know we have a number of those bucks running around but that 170 monster is a big one no matter whereit is.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:26 PM

Heres the story of my monster!lol
Got in my stand in the afternoon around 4:30. Around 5:30, I saw a few does making there way towards me. 5:45, had about 5 or 6 does working up the creek bed towards me. There where 4 fawns and two nice does. I was ready, and waiting for a nice doe to work up my way to take one, I heard some leaves crunch on the top of the rivine, I looked up and saw a smaller buck working my way. He came down the hill in the creek bed and worked his was up. He was out about 15 yrds and I could see 3 point on a side, here in wmu 1b, a deer has to have 4 point to a side to shoot it. He was out around 10 yrds for about a mintue feeding. Finally he turned and was walking away from me and I picked out the brow tine to make it four to a side. I stopped him at 10 yrds quartering away, shot him down through to the right of the spine, took one lung out, went through the heart and came out his chest in between his two legs. I heard him crash, he went about 50 yrds. That mussy ripping through him at around 280 fps was the coolest sound I ever heard in my life. I was so pumped up, escpecially after hunting archery for the first time last year and missing an eight point. I know its not the biggest buck but for my first bow kill, I couldint be happier. Now I got some meat in the freezer and its time to eat!

Old 10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

reflexkid

Congrats on your first bow buck!!

Tim
Old 10-05-2005, 03:43 PM

Cool story!!! I wouldn't worry about the size. Your first archery kill is always special no matter what the size. The biggest thing is that you made a nice clean kill on a deer you wanted.

I would have been proud to take it.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:15 AM

Hi team...had a really good time this wkend at the farm. Lots of deer moving around but no big boys yet....they'll come. Sat. am saw 4 does and 2 fawns about 150 yards away. I hit my grunt call a couple of times and down the hill come two bucks. One 8pt. and one 9pt. Wished I had the camera. They both are about 1 1/2 and will be awesome in a few years. The 8 was a little spooky but the 9 came to my stand at 11 yds and stood there broadside munching and scratching for about 10 min. It WAS tempting, but I'm one of those QDM people and it certainly has paid off for us.
Sat. evening we hunted a different location and had 8 does out in the field with 3 young ones. No shots available. Maybe next week end, and then I'm going to stay up at the cabin for a week by myself so.........hopefully!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.