Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 11-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

BUMP...

I went out a bunch during thanksgiving week: wednesday with the rifle, thursday morning, friday, saturday with the bow

I coulda blown over a bunch of does with the bow, but I have no more need for meat...(actually I did shoot at one on saturday but cleanly missed) [:@]

I also had a trotting shot at a decent 6-8 pointer at 20 yards...which I would have contemplated more in different situations, but as it was I didnt even draw so it worked out fine in my eyes.

I will get out a couple more times before the season ends December 10th

Good luck to you who still have hunting time left!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out today but didn't see a darn thing. It was a bit on the warm side though. There is a cold front coming through tomorrow I think so hopefully things will pick up.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well fellas, I am heading out this weekend (all day friday and saturday) for the last hoorah of our expanded archery season.

Last weekend we brought a guy with us that had never bowhunted before, but he has been hunting his whole life...in 3 days he has already seen more deer then he did in all of rifle hunting (1 month) and last saturday he had a close encounter, 16 yards, with "the biggest buck he has ever seen"....I guess it was at least a 10 pointer that was well over 200 lbs. Long story short he shot at this beast and missed...shot under it at 16 yards!?

So this brute, along with others, are still out there....wish me luck!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:55 AM
Spike

MEhuntalot hope you had a good day in the woods.

I am waiting for the gun season to end here in Wisconsin so we can get out bow hunting.
We did well gun hunting, but I am looking forward to late season bow.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting ready for the late archery season as well. I haven't been online much lately. My 2yr old was in the hospital recently so the last thing on my mind has been hunting. Things are settling down now and hopefully I'll have some free time when the late archery season starts in 2 weeks.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Spike

I am hoping to get out this weekend, we just got about 7" of new snow.
I love late season.
JeramyK, we will keep your 2 year old in our prayers, hope everything is going well.

Good hunting.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks sfletch. He's doing much better now. Hopefully he'll stay out of the hospital for a few months. That's all I asked for this year for Christmas.

The weather here has been unseasonably warm this week. Was 55 today and usually it's in the mid 30's. Saw a few nice does on Monday morning but that was about it.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey, it was nice meeting youguys and hearing all the stories. it was a frustrating bow hunting year for me. First time in7 years that I didn't get a deer with a bow. But slug hunting was good for me and now I have a freezer FULL of venison. I've got cooking chops downto a science. mmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So, I can't complain.

I'm excited for next year. Now that I have the whole food plot thing figured out (after 4 bad attempts) I'm going all out this coming year. I have about 5 acres I can plant. The land I hunt is adjacent to 24000+ acres of public land. Should bring in some deer!

I'm spending most of my free time ice fishing now, in a way i almost like it more then bow hunting. you can always stay warm and youdon't have to be completelyquiet. oh, bite my tongue! I didn't really say that, bowhunting will always be #1 with me!

catch ya all late summer/ early fall....
Old 01-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks RackLuster.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a buck this year. In fact I did not see a single legal buck all season. I did learn some things this year though which will hopefully make next season more successful.