Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 08-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team 17 Thread!!!

Looks good JeramyK.
Thanks for your time.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:50 AM

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Ok, I'm wired. Bow's set up. Arrows tuned. Treestandsin place. paths to treestands mowed. Now all I need is Oct. 1st to get here. You guys are right. The next 5 weeks are going to take years to go by!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the most part I'm ready to go. Going to do 1 or 2 more 3D shoots before the season starts. And I'm planning another trip down to Cabelas to pickup a few misc. items. I have a new custom string on order and hope to have it in the next week or two so that I can get it installed and have enough time to get everything retuned.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:02 AM

Hey I finaly figured out this signature thing
Just got some practice broadheads to shoot and will see how they are shooting today, first time using the Montec G-5 hope they shoot good.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, don't talk about Cabelas!!!! I just spent $502 (don't ask, but not a normal trip for me) at the cabelas in Owatonna, MN (just under 2 hours from my house). Well, guess what opens 1 MILE from my house in October??????? An even bigger cabelas! My wife is freaking out. Needless to say, I am ready for opener.

I'm starting to get trail cam pics of decent bucks. One nice 10 point and a decent 8 or 9 point. Nothing like some of you get, but pretty good for this time of year for me. Plus, I put a new stand up with just awesome trails on 3 sides.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Cabelas 1 mile from your house? My wife would probably leave me. LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 12:47 AM

Well wifey's B-day is Sept. 3rd. Labor Day weekend. She's a fisherperson. (the reason I married her). Trying to get her into hunting. I'm going to take her to Bass Pro Shops down in Springfield , MO for her B-Day. A 5 hour drive 1 way. It'll cost me a couple of hundred but it'll will keep her quiet about all the money I spend on treestands and bowhunting stuff. They are building a new Bass Pro Shop in Council Bluffs, IA. (across the river from Omaha, NE) About 1 1/2 hours from my place. No telling what the budget's going to look like then.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:50 AM

OK guys, I need your help. I started a post talking trash about whose going to win the contest and they're lining up to jump on me. I need some Team Rackmasters to get in there and sling some trash. The thread is titled "Hear Ye, Hear Ye".
Old 08-25-2005, 06:44 PM

SORRY for not getting back sooner... I've been out of town working this week[:'(]Well I am chomping at the bit for Sept. 15 to get here. I've got alot I want to get done this weekend check food plots I planted last week, wash hunting clothes and pack away, shoot my bow, and hang some stands. WOW !! BUSY WEEKEND All for a good cause though Well guys I can't wait to get this thing started. I talked to my dad this week and he said he's seen a few bucks this week around the farm with snow white horns. SHEDDING VELVET Its started !!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure sounds like you'll be busy this weekend alwyshntn! I guess it's not so much "work" when it's hunting related.

I got my new string today so that will be my project this weekend. I went out tonight and did a little scouting on some new land near my home. Saw some turkey tracks but no fresh deer sign. Then again I didn't really go too far into the woods. Just followed a 15' wide path for about 1/2 mile that the gas company cut for access to the gas line. This nice patch of woods (according to satellite photographs) has a football field sized clear cut in the middle. I'm trying to find a way to make my way into the edge of that field and scout. Since this spot of woods issurrounded by some housing developmentsI have no doubt there are deer hiding up in there somewhere. I'd LOVE to put out some trail cams but I can see the kids ride their dirt bikes and ATV's along this gasline and I'm too afraid they'll get stolen. [&:]

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.