Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 08-26-2005, 12:46 AM

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

I got me another 2 man ladderstand last week from E-Bay. Got to put it together this weekend and find a place to put it up. I've got 4 more places on my property that I want stands. But 2 of them are definately going to have to be ground blinds. No good trees to put stands in. Then I've got to switch my Alpine quiver from my Martin Phantom II over to my Martin Slayr. It's a lot quieter than my old Kwikee quiver. Got to practice some more. Haven't practiced all week. Slacker! LOL Still got 5 weeks to the opener. But time has a way of getting away from me.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Almost in the home stretch. Only a few more days until Sept rolls around. Then the countdown to Oct. 1 officially begins for me.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I am in the home stretch of my countdown...september 10 cant come soon enough!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've updated our team banner. Welcome Millertime10 to team 17!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys what's going on? Good to be a part of the team and looking forward to it.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

How can I get that banner? I will be on here later, just got that new cheap $96 Moultrie Digital cam from wal mart. Going to go set it out and see how it does. I have heard good things about them, has anyone here heard about them or used one?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's how you can add the banner to your signature. http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/fb.asp?m=1169433
Old 08-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Team is completed welcome Miller
Old 08-30-2005, 01:10 AM

Hey Miller. Welcome to the team. I see you're in Oklahoma. Cool! Another Midwestern state. We've got Oklahoma, Iowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin, Missouri, Maine, and New York. We should have some hawgs on this team this year! I don't know what the deer populations are like in you're states but here in Iowa, they are exploding! We can't shoot enough deer. 150+ class deer running all over the place. This is going to be fun!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Alright guys, a little about myself. I am from the central part of Oklahoma 15 minutes west of OKC. I hunt several woodlots and farmlandin and around that same area. I hunt on my grandpa's land and some land of other farmers in the area. I just turned 24 Saturday andgraduated from collegelast May. Unfortunately, I just got a job in the eastern part of the state 3 hours from where I hunt. The positive is that I will be working 14 days on 14 days off, so that will still allow for plenty of time in the stand on my days off. I am a trophy hunter when it comes to shooting bucks. If I need meat I will shoot a doe. I have 2 deer on the wall (172" and 137")that I shot with a rifle, I have yet been able to harvest a trophy with my bow. A buddy of mine shot a 196" non typical 1/2 mile from where I hunt with his bow last year, so I have good potential in my area. Hopefully I will be able to help our team with a good score and I look forward to Oct 1, it just can't come soon enough.
Here the pics of the 2 deer I have on my wall, just showing the potential I have in my area.

This is my biggest, he grossed 172", has 3 tines over 12" and 27" main beams
\

Well while I am posting pics, here is my buddies 196" monster he shot last year with his bow

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.