Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

I just checked the official score card. It looks like we're in third place. I hope to add to our tally here in the next couple of weeks. It's been pretty hot and humid here in Iowa lately. All I've seen is does and yearlings so far. This cold front coming through should help get the bucks moving. I used Sunday afternoon to hang 3 more treestands on my place. I've got most of thier travel routes covered pretty well. Just got to wait for the bucks to start cruising for hot does I guess.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to head out again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some meat for the freezer.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went out tonight. saw my normal zilcho.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys...

I am heading back home on friday afternoon...going hunting friday night, and all day saturday...then going on my moose hunt for all of next week (as long as it takes) So needless to say I wont be posting on here for a while but when I do get back you can rest assured that I will have news of some sort to pass on to you all!

Until then...good luck team!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck this morning. In fact I had some bad luck. [&:]

I didn't see any deer during legal shooting hours. I had 2 come down the trail but it was still too dark to shoot. When there was enough daylight I just happened to look down and noticed my cable was frayed. Apparently I must have nicked it with a broadhead while I was getting setup in my stand. [:@] I guess it's a good thing I didn't have a deer come by today. Guess I'll be leaving work a little early today to head to the Bowtech dealer to have the cable replaced.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have just been seeinf does lately but that should all change within the next couple of weeks when the weather gets better. Just checking in to let you guys know I am still here and wishing everyone good luck!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK. I'm getting frustrated now. I've been out about a dozen times this year and I've only seen 2 different deer (saw them twice), a doe and her fawn button buck. That's it! Man, this isn't going good. Well, the next few weeks should be better. Me and a buddy are going to northern Minnesota this weekend for a 2 day getaway. Last year we saw quite a few deer in the same spot. Then the end of october we have the big camp ripley hunt. That's where I got my buck last year. Anyway, this year is really sucking so far.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning in the cold and rain. Only saw 1 deer and it was a 4pt buck. Illegal to shoot here in PA. Will probably be back out on Monday morning.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

ME, that sounds like a heck of a weekend you have coming up. I'd love to go moose hunting some day.

It looks like we have a few team members that haven't been on the boards in over a month. Hopefully they'll find their way back soon and give us an update.
Hey guys I'm still waiting for Oct 15th NY opener, Time is passing very slow. I have been scouting and have found plenty of rubs and a few scrapes. Sorry I havn't checked in in a while.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 15th is coming soon! Good luck Callemin!

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.