Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

I'm with ya. I'd rather have a clean miss than a poor hit. Maybe the arrow caught a branch or sapling? Guess it's water under the bridge at this point.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:39 AM

HAHAHA!!! Rack, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I did the same thing last year on a young 8 point. Only he was at 15 yards, not 30. Will Primos said it best on their new "Truth About Bowhunting 2" DVD, "If you bowhunt long enough, you're gonna miss."

Well I went out this morning and sat in the same treestand that I missed that 8 pointer last year. I saw a big doe with 2 yearlings, but they never got closer than 80 yards away. I'll try another spot this afternoon. Felt great to actually get out in the woods with a bow in my hand.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was up till almost 1am last night shooting my bow. Even though I knew I wasn't getting up early for the opener I was still excited. Once my wife gets home in about an hour I'll be heading to the woods for an evening hunt. I can't wait.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

I went out this morning for a few hours...saw 3-4 doe no bucks

Went out last night as well and saw 2-3 deer; 1 of which I am sure was a buck...just out of range at 55 yards or so

Good luck to all you October 1 season openers!

Old 10-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had alot of deer movement tonight.I don't think I went more than 20 minutes without seeing a deer. Unfortunately none were bucks. Still exciting though. I have 3 doe permits to fill but unfortunately I didn't get the chance tonight. I only had 2 doe step into a good shooting lane but both were about 40 yards slightly quartering towards me. Wasn't a shot that I wanted to take.

I did have an encounter while on the ground when I arrived to my stand. Had a young doe come about 6 yards away directly to my left. All I could do was watch out the corner of my eye. She could tell something wasn't right and was skittish but eventually she took off.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

How are the rest of you guys doing so far?

I'm going to try to get back on stand Wednesday. It's been pretty warm so far this week and it's in the low 80's till Thursday when some cooler air and rain move in. I'm going to come into work late on Thursday and see if I can benfit from the temp drop.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Things are starting to pick up a bit here at college...not like it was last year but what can you do!? Too many acorns and apples for them to follow the same routines as last year...I will figure them out though.

My buddy got a nice six pointer the other day...probly score 80-90

I talked to my dad the other day and he has them running rampant back home...he and another guy we hunt with saw 17 one night last week with one dandy 8 pointer in the mix and a few smaller bucks. I will be heading back there this coming weekend to hunt friday night and all saturday before I leave for my moose hunt on sunday!

Good luck to the whole team!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ME, that sounds like a heck of a weekend you have coming up. I'd love to go moose hunting some day.

It looks like we have a few team members that haven't been on the boards in over a month. Hopefully they'll find their way back soon and give us an update.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a slow weekend. Only deer I saw was a doe that had just been hit by a car. Cop shot it right in front of my 5 year old daughter. long story...

i'm taking friday off to do a little hunting and a lot of scouting. i'll probably be out wednesday night too. Still trying to fill a doe tag. I broke my string of 6 years in a row getting a deer in september. oh well, it's a long season.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, went back out again this morning. Only saw 3 deer from first light up until 10am. The first deer came by when it was still pretty dark. All I could make out was the white tail flicking. The second deer came down the same trail about 30 minutes later. Looked like a 2 yr old doe. She was coming straight towards me at about 60 yards but when she got to about 45 yards she changed direction and stayed out of bow range. About 7:45am another deer came down the trail. This time I saw antlers! Unfortunately though he was only a 2x2 (4pt) which is illegal in PA. He came on the path that I had expected the doe to follow. Broadside at about 18 yards. [&:]

Oh well, guess it just wasn't meant to happen today. With the way my work/family schedule looks I probably won't make it back out until Saturday morning.

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.