Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 08:33 PM

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Thanks everyone Now I'll be doing some doe harvesting and waiting for the 1st of Nov. when I leave for IOWA !!!Good luck to everyone......
Old 09-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of these days I want to hunt a state like Iowa, Illinois, etc. That's on my "list". Also high on that list is taking a bear and elk with a bow.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:16 AM

I'm like Millertime, stuck on work. Sorry I haven't been on here more. Congrats alwyshntn!!!! A 130 class buck! Great! I too am getting ready for the first of Oct. Probably get a doe first, but if a buck walks in front of me it's on! I was practicing with my bow last Saturday and I'm good out to 40 yards. Most of my stands are for shots less than 30. Bad news is it sounds like we're going to be working some overtime at work next month. May not get to hunt as much as I wanted. Good thing my hunting spot is right behind my house.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, what a week. I've gone from a fire in the hotel i was staying in on saturday at 4amto baseball sized hail (yes, i said baseball) screaming at my house thanks to 75mph winds.

My siding is just shredded and I spent two hours shop vac'ing glass out of my GRASS! At least I still have a roof over my head, my next door neighbor cannot say the same.

Now, if that wasn't enough to keep me out of the woods, I'll probably put in 60+ hours this week.

ARGH! I need to be in a tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 04:58 AM

Man RackLuster I hope things start looking up for ya... You definitely deserve a quiet weekend in the woods...Well its 5:53 Friday morning and I'm headed to work. Already have 45hrs in this week and I'm also wanting to get back out in the woods...Its been 90 degrees here all week with alot of humidity but today the high is suppose to be 78 and northernly winds...MAN I WANT TO HUNT!!!!!!Well I'll have Saturday off before going back in on Sunday so I know what I'll be doing Sat. Seems like things always get busy at hunting season huh? Good Luck to everyone hunting this weekend and RackLuster I'll put in a prayer for some relief for ya....
Old 09-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you guys that are out in the woods are enjoying the time and seeing deer. One more week to go here in PA.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:30 PM

Oct. 15th cant come fast enough. The weather here in NY is cooling off. and some leaves are turning colors now. In the morning the cool air smells like fall. Isn't it great!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been out 5 times. all i've seen is a doe and fawn. my buddy saw 5 tonight on the land i hunt, so that is promising. man, the turkeys were out tonight though. never seen anything like it. we probably saw 80 between the two of us.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season will be opening on Saturday and needless to say I'm excited. Now I just need to get through this work week.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys...

this is going to be the longest week of the year for you whose season starts on saturday

I went out with my old man friday and saturday (cant hunt on sundays); after 2 weeks of trying my luck at college I had enough and decided to go home for the weekend. That was the trick as it only took about an hour to see deer. My dad had 2 doe within range, but there was too much crap (saplings) in the way to shoot. After the morning sit we met back up in the pole line and hashed over the morning...I happened to notice 3 deer crossing the pole line only 150 yards up...tried to put the stalk on em' but it didnt work out. Tried another spot in the afternoon, on the walk in happened to see a nice doe feeding off the side of the trail, I was ready to go, the old man wasnt, I shot, he didnt, I judged her at 30+, she was really 35+, needless to say I hit low. I gave her some time then followed up on the blood trail, it took me right under some guy in a stand...he had seen it and shot it too (Greeaaat) [:@] So we commenced to following blood, it was a really weak trail as we both failed to hit our marks...we ended up leaving it for the night and trying again on sunday...no luck

what a crappy feeling...although I really dont think she is going to/did die from the wounds.

On any note my season is starting to look better and we are starting to get some nice cool weather (60's for highs)

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.