Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 10-14-2005, 06:11 AM

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Good luck everybody!! I, too, am headed for the farm, leaving today. Pretty warm here, but who knows.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 AM

no luck yet,have been seeing more deer as the corn slowly gets cut,saw a nice 6 and a 3 point, but no shooters yet.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be back out tomorrow night. We saw 3 MONSTERS on satruday but it was too dark when they moved into the corn. Hopefully they will come out of the same corner tomorrow. The wind is supposed to be out of the south rather than the east so that will be good also. I think it's time for a deer to meet mr. slick trick. Good luck guys.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:05 AM

Been awefully warm here. I have been seeing lots of does, but no bucks as yet. The rut is just fixin to kick in here. Been finding scapes and a lot of fresh rubs. If we can get some luck from mother nature in the next week or so, things should start to pick up.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, it was 90+ today. I'll be headin to the lake this weekend, bow hunting in the mornings, fly fishing the mid day, bow hunting in the evenings and cat fishing at night. I guess that doesn't leave a lot of time for sleep, but then again sleep is over rated.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:12 PM

Dang guys, today the high for the day was 55 degrees and we have a chance from snow on Sun, Mon, and Tue.

The deer are finally starting to move good (right when my vacation is about to kick in) and I am really looking forward to the next two weeks. I have already passed up on about a dozen bucks this year and have saw a couple shooters (too bad they didn't co-opperate). I was out yesterday evening and saw 26 deer with 8 of them being bucks (two shooters which I jumped up on the way to my blind)

I'll keep yall updated!
Old 10-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

A little slow here. It's been windy almost everyday. Vacation starts after monday I'll have the rest of the season off.

Hunt'm up!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Bustedupand tagged a nice 8pt tonight boys! he'll prolly gross score between 115 and 120.

Doublelunged em, didn't go50yds. Will have pictures up tomorrow night after work.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:43 PM

CONGRATS Mantis, thats what I'm talkin bout! I am looking forward to seeing the pics... but we need some details on the hunt.

Well, I better get to bed, right now I have been up for the past 45 hour straight and I gotta be up in 4 hours to get out in the woods (Rough weekend )
Old 10-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

CONGRATS Mantis!! I haven't been out yet as I just returned from Colorado Elk hunt. No luck there! We couldn't get to the area we had planned to hunt due to mthe big snow they had. We hunted somewhat lower elevation, saw a lot of Moose! But no Elk! Seems that is par for my course!!

Hope to do some Whitetail Bow Hunting soon. Good Luck Team!!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.