Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

dont bother me nutt!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out this DIEHARD Bucks fan Can you tell what he thinks of those Michaganders? [8D]

That pic of that kidis hilarious

Old 08-29-2005, 07:40 PM

i use a range finder but thats about as "high tec" as it gets for me. the area i hunt is a 70 acre "island" of woods and swamp surrounded by crop fields( this year3 sides corn,1 side alfalfa) so i dont need a feeder or food plot. i wear camo but notscent-loc(i do use the carbon spray). the only scents i use are coon pee on my boots and hs scent waffers( fresh earth, white oak). i usually climb 20 - 25 feet up and the deer never notice me, even after the shot.i also use a buck grunt, more so in early season than late.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:43 PM

thanks for keeping us on page one nutt! is that photo from the gator bowl vs clemson?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, I'm retarded. I can't seem to get the logo to be added as my signature. I've taken the directions given by Mantis and Buckmagnet, but when I hit "Apply" in the "My Profile" tab, it says my userid or address is already being used. I'ved had this userid and address for a couple of years now, so I don't understand. Can anyone help???

Slice
Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 AM

Are you re-entering everything, or just adding the link to your signature? If you just add the link to your signature, and change the to " /> and then click apply, it should work.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

EXCUSES, EXCUSES.... sounds like a team name change is in order. Team Pansies sounds much better. With all those EXCUSES, you might as well concede now, and saveyourselves all thehassle...[8D]

GeezMantis....your gonna have to carry your whole team it looks like Good luck bro...your gonna need it!
WV Bird Watcher, have you taken a close look at our roster!? Thank god there was no kind of salary cap or else we all would’ve been split up. I will only be adding to the pile of horn this team, Team 5, Bruiser Busters, will be putting on the ground in the next few months. And that’s the facts Jack!

hello everyone! A question, do you all use the fancy stuff such as scent-loc , range finders, feeders, trail cams etc, or do you hunt on wits and experience? I know you can combine the two but what do you rely on most ? Also this bumps back to page 1!!
truk My ability to read maps, preplan hunts according to current wind directions, time off to spent afield, strict scent control regiment although without the use of scent loc, and although only 13 years of bowhunting under my belt; my hunting experience thus far has been action packed! I use a laser range finder and love it. I play with a game camera but don’t use it quite like BM does. I’m really good at scouting out high traffic terrain features on new property and can see where and how the deer will move quite well. The #1 ace up my sleeve is my ability to pay extremely close attention to detail. I believe this is essential for being consistently successful. Sweat the small stuff! And it’s all small stuff!

O and I’m not quite the masterbaitors some of the teammates are.[8D] We are not aloud to feed deer in NY.

Hey dwd that trip is for bowhunting right?

Slice we know full well you’re not retarded.[:-] Go to the test page and play around with the [img] tricks or here, who cares. Click on the banner, then right click and click on the properties. Then highlight, right click and copy the URL# Paste it in between the image trick shown furtherabove. Try and add it to a post not the signature and we might see what you’re doing wrong. Hey try this also:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/BuckMagnet/LOGO1.jpg" />

onlywithout thespaces between the url.
Not retarded but maybe a dumbass! JK

It’s beginning to feel a lot like bow season....................... every single day!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:03 PM

Hey fellow Bruiser Busters. Well, yesterday I went and pulled down my game cam because I thought that we were gonna get a bad storm this week. Well, this afternoon at around 3:30 p.m. I decided to put it back up in the same spot I just had it. When I got within about 100 yards of the tree I had it on, I could smell a deer. Stupid me decided to keep going ahead to hand the camera up again. I got within 20 yards of the tree and there was the giant I have been trying to get pics of standing right in front of the tree I had the camera on. He saw me and took a few hops into the brush before disappearing. He didn't seem really spooked so I am hoping to get some pics of him within the next couple days. Its nice to see him in this brush as it is the easiest brush around here to hunt. I'll keep you updated on this guy as he is probablly a 150" 10 pointer.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

BM your either going to scare the bruiser into the next county or he’ll become accustom to your stink and you’ll blindside him when your carrying something with the bowman emblem on it. I’ve always had a sweet spot for the second theory.

O and I forgot to mention I think I’ll be doing the out of state hunting in justOhio not Missouri this year due to the inevitable rise in gas prices. I’m going to be PM’ing Buckeye for some info. I’ll let you know if he’s a good sport. PA is in the air as of now.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 PM

Mantis,

Don't worry bout the scent. These deer around where I hunt are honestly so accustomed to humans that they really don't care too much about human scent. Heck, this buck beds about 20-30 yards off the edge of a road, probablly 200 yards from a prison, and probablly about 400 yards from a airport. I am careful about my scent when scouting and setting up cameras, I make sure to spray down with scent-killer before I go out. The greatest part about this spot is that there are always bucks bedding in this tiny patch of brush. To the east is a cornfield, to the north is a road, and to thewest is some incredibly thick brush.They deer usually move to the south when leaving this bedding area and funnel on an amazing deer trail that right now is littered in scrapes. There are three huge white oaks that get PACKED with acorns year after year in the middle of this golden rod field and the deer always browse underneath these trees. It just so happens that I have a ladder stand about 16 yards from the trail that leads out of the bedding and I will be setting up my ground blind in this area on the only other real trail that comes out of the brush. I feel very good about this spot and I am PUMPED UP for Oct. 1st to come

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.