Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 08-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Nice Logo Buck Magnet!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer

Anyone else on the team have a
hair appointment or manicure,baby shower, or whatever elsescheduled for the first week of the all mighty Archery season?[:@]
EXCUSES, EXCUSES.... sounds like a team name change is in order. Team Pansies sounds much better. With all those EXCUSES, you might as well concede now, and saveyourselves all thehassle...[8D]

GeezMantis....your gonna have to carry your whole team it looks like Good luck bro...your gonna need it!
Old 08-27-2005, 09:30 AM

Hey, we are just letting you build up a false sense of security. You never know, we may just be sandbagging.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey I may get both my hair and nails done before the football game... that would be a productive morning.
Not really, I sold my student ticket for the K-state game and will be in the tree on the morning of the first. I also have a trip to Kansas planned.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:14 PM

hello everyone! A question, do you all use the fancy stuff such as scent-loc , range finders, feeders, trail cams etc, or do you hunt on wits and experience? I know you can combine the two but what do you rely on most ? Also this bumps back to page 1!!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a little preseason pick compliments of buckeye.......

Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM

Is that you in the costume buckeye? With the looks of that big head, it could be.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

No,but how could you possibly have missedtruk in his yellow skirt in the pic
Old 08-29-2005, 04:29 PM

truk,

I don't use Scent-Lok, but from late winter till late summer I have feeders up on my property as well as mineral licks, and I have food-plots planted. I use game cameras for two reasons, first, to help me see whats in the area and second, because it is as enjoyable as hunting. Wits and experiences are a definet around here, it takes some knowledge of the movement patterns to get a buck before legal shooting light ends. I have pics in the bow-hunting forum right now of a buck that I had been watching this summer, he was a perfect ten point but he recently broke his antler and now he is a 7 point.

Old 08-29-2005, 05:43 PM

(sigh) Oh buckeye, buckeye.......you poor boy.....you are sooooooo goin down!!!!

Yes, I use scentlok, cameras, rangefinders, mineral blocks, raingear, maps, and I even use my brain sometimes....[8D]
Usually, when my brain gets in the way, I screw something up....LOL.....no...I use a lot of "gut feeling" and good old hard work to get my deer. In conjuction with technology.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.