Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread >

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Leverdude

Congrats on the double!! Good job on going to the land owner before entering. Something tells me, should you have just went and retrieved the deer out of her yard... things might have gottena tiny uglywith a visit from the sheriff or warden. Not that you did any wrong,just the time and inconvience that ordeal would have took would have been a pain trying to straighten it out.

I would send her a card apologizing for any inconvience or stress thatthe situation caused. In no way am I saying to apologize for bowhunting or shooting the doe... just the situation of the doe ending up in her yard. Making sure it was mentioned what aserious, dedicatedhunter you are who respects others, theirproperty and all game laws. She has had a chance to cool off and hopefully willthink rationally when reading the card. This gesture on your partmight be the ticket to getting on her good side for future situation should they arise. Or at least make it more bearable the next time.

Western MA Hunter

Congrats on the buck!! Youshould enter it.Even though it might not score much, it still should be recongnized. You pickeda good spot, made a good shot andrecovered your buck. Sounds like a successful hunt to me. That is the part that really matters!! Not the inches it scored!! This contest is for fun. Winning or losing the contest isn'twhy I got in this contest. I really enjoyreading about everyone's hunts on the team, past team mates or other teams. Well trashing talking a little to. That is what makes it so fun to be a part of. Again congrats on your buck!!

Tim
Old 10-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Western

Not that this is really my buisness but that is considered an antlerless deer here in Ohio.Check your regulations. I believe if it is considered an antlerless deer in your state as well you shouldn't have to enter it as your buck if you don't want to.

I would check with Rob to make sure it is OK though.

Do you have another bucktag?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buckeye,
I did check it is as antlerless. There is a 3" spike minimum here in MA. I used one of my doe tags. I still have 2 buck tags & 1 doe tag left for MA, and 1 of each for NY as well.
Going out to the finger lakes region of NY next week for a 1 week hunt. That is where I hope to arrow a big boy. 4000 acres of intense QDM. Hopefully Mr. Big walks out to me...
Old 11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys, I have changed jobs & moved from Montana to Wyoming. I did bow hunt for a good buck this year. If I had not moved, I would have bow hunted during rifle season.
I did grab my rifle today & shot a 4x4-whitetail buck. Sorry I can not enter it into the contest. My time to hunt was just too short.
If someone would send me there email address? I will send you a picture of the rack. I never have figured out how to post a picture on the hunting net.?

Thanks, and sorry for killing one withmy rifle instead of my bow.[&:]

Good Luck to all,

Wolf Killer
Old 11-03-2005, 08:06 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your buck!! Send the picture to [email protected] and I will post it for you. Did you wife get a chance to get her's??

Tim
Old 11-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

well guys, the bow season is slowly winding to an end here in virigina. I am seeing some buck activity, but nothing that I want to tag. trying to get the age class up in my area. muzzleloader starts here next saturday (while bow remains in for another week), and I will be hard pressed to leave the smokepole in the gun case. I have seen a good number of deer out of bow range but in smoke pole range. the coming week I have predicted to be the best to be in the woods. right before the peak of the rut. right before the rifle opener. I'll be doing my best for a buck, but they just do not seem to be around, or not in the numbers or sizes I would like. I'm not saying I won't be out with the bow after gun opens up, but the possibility certainly dwindles. I'll be out maybe saturday night, certainly monday night, maybe all day on tuesday, wed, and thurs morning. The bucks I have seen are just too young. four ptrs, spikes, and an absolutely gorgeous year and a half old eight. he makes it two more seasons and he'll make the book. Of course it was about this time last year that I was about to give up on an antlered trophy when I tagged the biggest bodied buck I have ever shot. so, who knows.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

I was out this afternoon at a spot I been kinda saving. I say kinda cuz I let my uncle on to it last saturday & he took a 4 pointer. I was suprised but not upset, I'm happy for him, its only his 2nd bow kill. Anyhow I found a rub line going by my tree 10 or so feet away. I dont think his deer made it as I looked around a bit last sunday & I think I'da noticed it. I tried them tinks incense things & saw one deer. A little skipper came thru & boy did those sticks spook her. She stood under me for 10 mnutes stomping her feet staring down the bucket. Never left tho just walked around it trying to figure if it was good or bad. I finally had to throw my can call at her to run her off so I could leave as it was real dark. Now I just hope Mr big boy wasn't standing back watching the show.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Was out on Thursday and got a little 5 pointer to end our PA season. I haven't scored it yet, but it'll only bring maybe 45 points. Better than nothing I guess and it was a nice hunt too. I'll get the points together later this week.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Almost scored a 6 pointer this afternoon but I think I got winded. Came in from the wrong side & came in fast, I do believe he was on the trail of a doe that musta came by before I got there. He came in on my right & walked to within 20 feet of my tree tongue hanging out & nose to the ground. Figured I'd let him go by & stand for the shot after he passed but it wasn't to be. [:'(] He got to that point & picked his head up looking around kinda frantic like, turned & left the way he came. I could see a few little holes in the brush I mighta been able to sneak an arrow thru but I'm glad I let him walk. I'm not sure he scented me & I am sure he didn't know where I was at so maybe next time. Theres a big 10 in there somewhere too so maybe this is a blessing.
Good luck guys.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Well team, scored on a decent PA 10 point on Saturday. Didn't get a chance to measure him yet, should be able to tomorrow. I will then post it in the official score thread. I put the story in the bow hunting forum, if you want to read about it.

Enjoy,

Brian

Quick Reply: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.