Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread >

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Nice Doe Leverdude. Congrats.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Leverdude

Congrats on the doe!!

Tim
Old 10-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Finally had some action this morning... Had a nice big doe come in w/ 2 little ones. I had a nice 25 yard broadside shot at her, but I couldn't do it w/ the little ones standing there. I am getting soft. All i could think of is my daughter and wife... hehe.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys.

I took her with a Tekan expandable. Anybody have experience with these? Seemed to perform perfect. Busted a rib going in & came out between 2 of em. These aint the Tekan 2's but the original & I heard they were delicate. Cant prove it by mine, I cleaned it off & screwed it back on a new arrow & its back in my quiver. I'm experimenting a bit this year. My next shot will be with a grim reaper & then a Cabellas F-3, all 100 grain. They all fly great from my setup & I wanna see if the deer can tell the diff. Any opinons on any of these heads would be great from my distingushed teammates.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't say I've had any experience w/ the Leverdude. I just switched to the Slick Trick's and am waiting very patiently to test them on a deer. I was extremely happy w/ their performance on the bear I shot this year though.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

well, went for only my second am hunt yesterday. had a ball. saw five does. had one doe grunting to her little ones who went flag up and off to her. I did screw up one shot opportunity that would've given me 5 archery deer, but like I said, I screwed it up. took yesterday off, and went to a spot I haven't been in two weeks. killed two doe out of there the last two times I have been there. got in and had a red fox come in. he cut my track and left in no less than a hurry. five male wood ducks, and two females were in the stream all night. I then had six antlerless come in in an overgrown stream bottom that I cannot wait to hunt in gun. three big does, and three little deer. I recognized one because I have passed her 2x because I thought she was a little one. they came no closer than 80 yds. after that I had some rare bird come in, a thrasher of some sort. then a red tailed hawk came in and landed 20 yds from me and kept me company for some time. the six does came back out of the thick stuff they went in to and I tried to grunt them in, but something from behind had them nervous. big matriarcal (sp) doe had them move on. they crossed the creek in no less than a racket and moved to my right in the thick stuff out of sight. three more came thorugh about 100 yds out, then came back through like the other six. I had a deer grunt back to me, but I couldn't see what it was. after that I had between 30-40 turkey vultures try and take up a roost in the same plot of woods. that was funny, not to mention noisy. they didn't like having to leave their roost after dark when I left. busy day, no kills, but I'll be back at it monday pm, and tues or wed am. still NO bucks. I've seen two. 66 does to 2 bucks. sex ratio a little out of whack? I cannot wait for gun season. hunters for the hungry are going to love me. my season best is 8 deer, somehow I think it will surpass that this year.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:08 AM

Wow Hoyt, nice job. My puter has been messed up. I have been out and have not seen anything. I am very frusterated this year. Well rut is on the way hopefully then.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Got 2 does this afternoon, a young one & a big one. There were a bunch of deer under my stand when I got there, again[:'(] So I just climbed up after they ran off & figured I'd not likely see anything else but I find it relaxing anyhow. Well bout 15 minutes go by & a little doe came in followed by another one. I watched them play around for a bit & then they looked to be fixing to leave so I took the bigger of the 2. Turned out to be a button & I shot him with a grim reaper & he went maybe 30 yards & piled up. I sat down to wait a bit & be sure he was dead & not 10 minutes later 3 more came in, one fawn & 2 adults. I contimplated wether or not it would be wise to stick another one & since I had at least 45 more minutes of good light I went for it. This one I hit nice just behind her shoulder & watched her run off, wating for her to pile up but she kept on going[]. Gave her 30 of my 45 minutes & got down to look at the arrow. Thing was covered with bubbly blood so I knew it was a good shot but was stll bothered that she went so far. I could see her for at least 75 yards before she dissapeared. I got to tracking her & she had run into a neighbors land. I did the right thing & drove around to the house who's land she ran into & she was plumb in the middle of the front yard.[:@] Knocked on the door & a first for me the woman went ballistic on me. She thought I had been hunting her land. After she got done calling me names I explained that I had shot the deer well off her land & had permision from all 4 of the properties bordering hers & was perfectly legal but if she wanted we could call a conservation officer to explain better. Well she let me get my deer but I dont think I made a friend & I sure hope no more go that way. She musta went 200 yards wth no lungs, a first for me. Had them run far before but always with a poor hit.

Anyway here they be.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys....I'm still here. Lost a 7-point the other day that would have added maybe 80-90 points to us. I was on my way to a stand site when I saw him browsing and put on a stalk (it was wet and quiet walking). I got within 30 yards, drew, let her fly on a quartering away shot and came up with a meat hit. He left no blood trail and nothing but footprints for 50 yards after which I lost him. Hope he's OK.

Rut is coming up in the next 3 weeks so hopefully I can make good.

Fritz
Old 10-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Finally scored last night on the world's smallest spike horn. I thought he was a monster button at first. He is definatly a 1 & 1/2 year old deer and weighed about 100lb. He gave me an 8 yard shot in a really thick apple orchard. The orchard was really overgrown and I climbed up one of the only climbable trees and only really had 2 or 3 shots... I figured it would be a good observation sight to help me hang a lock on this weekend. Around 6 pm I had 2 deer come in... 1 doe and the one I shot. I double lunged him and he left a blood trail Hellen Keller could follow. I don't know if i'll even bother to enter him in the contest. He only has 2" spikes, but they hook up and have pretty fat little bases. He is definately a mutant spike!

http://tinypic.com/f23tzo.jpg

Quick Reply: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.