Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread >

Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 10:14 AM

Default RE: Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

I've passed on a couple small 8 pointers already and probably never will shoot something that has great potential next year. I do have a 130 class deer that I have pics from that was in my yard. I posted a pic of him a couple weeks ago.

I'm taking off a lot of work the next 3 weeks. Temps are getting cold, ruts coming on. It's a great time to be in the woods.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Guys I have had a slow season so far. I am seeing lots of does and several small bucks but none of the bigger deer that I was seeing before season have showed themselves. I did discover a couple of possible shooters in an area of my proprety that have sparked my attention. See what you guys think.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Nothing much happening down here...... I've got 4 shooter bucks I've been chasing, but none will show themselves during daylight..... Maybe by December they will still be around and start chasing a few does........
Old 10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a wish of better luck for you guys!

I am having a great year so far, the best ever??? For sightings of good bucks I would say yes.

Only a couple big bucks but man I am having to beat all the 100-120 class 2 1/2 year old bucks away

I am on vacation starting this saturday! Nine days of chasing those big bucks. I am even going to hit a decent spot of mine over in PA this week. Show Buck Magnet how we Buckeyes do it over in the Keystone state

Lets just hope an Ohio shooter shows before a Pennsylvanian shooter, well that is if ANY shooters show [&:]Where I hunt in PA it is mountains and a 130 class is a hammer there.

Good luck guys and have fun.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye, good luck on your days off for those hunts. To you and Buck Magnet as well!

I know it won't be long when this team starts stacking up some bone...

Troy
Old 11-08-2005, 01:30 PM

WOW! We're about the most non talkative team on the board.

Well, we have another score on the board, guys. This past weekend I was able to nab two P&Y bucks, my first ones ever. The larger of the two luckily (for us) came first, on Sunday morning around 10:30. I had him home and ready to take to the butcher's when my buddy arrives and talks me into going hunting that afternoon with him. So a quick trip to the store for some bags of ice to fill his cavity with, and I get cleaned up and head back out. Then the second guy walks by and the temptation was too great. Both deer were on does when I got them.

At 10:30 Sunday morning I'm sitting in my climberwith myhead resting on my hand still thinkingabout the day before. You see, my buddy shot an 8 that I missed earlier that morning. I had been watching that 8 all season from my back door and just sort of figured he was mine. Then I shot over his back at 25 yards when I had my chance on Saturday morning. My buddy comes over at noon as I'm going in for lunch. He heads to the woods asI go in to eat.As I'm coming out from lunch an hour later, he's walking out of the woods carrying a bloody arrow and wearing a sh*t eating grin. He got my 8. I'm happy for him, of course, but I start wondering if there are any other nice bucks around. I definitely hadn't been seeing any.

So now I'm back in my stand on Sunday morning, a little discouraged and thinking of any other spots I might go to to get a big buck. I hadn't seen anything but turkeys since daylight, when suddenly I hear some tell tale crunching of leaves coming up over the ridge on my left. I turn my head, peering through the drying leaves that cover my flank, and see a big doe casually walking a course that will take her 25-30 yards in front of my stand. I tell myself, "Doesn't look like she's being chased, but I had better stand up and get ready just in case." As I start to stand I see antlers rising up over the crest of the ridge. It looked like a candelabra!!! I try to get my emotions under control as I watch the doe's path to see where I'll have a clear shot at the buck as he follows her. Jimminee Cricket!!! There's only one very small hole through all the brush, at about 30 yards. I purposefully choose these thick areas for the cover they provide me and because the deer prefer them as well, but now it may work against me.

I draw the bow and neither deer notices me. Maybe the cover isn't such a bad thing after all, I think. The buck approaches it, I level and steady my bow, say a quick prayer and release as hisright shoulderenters the window. Hisnext step takes his vitalsinto the arrow's path and itslices through the ribs and lodges in his left shoulder blade. 40 some odd yards later he comes to rest.

I'm getting a rough score of 156", due mainly to his mass and main beam lengths. Seven of hiseight mass measurementsare 4" +, the other being 3 7/8". The main beams are 24 1/4" each.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the double............. We are in the game now boys...... A few more kills and we will be right in the pack!!!!!

Still waiting on you midwest boys to hook us up!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go By23856!!! Wow!!! What a weekend eh!!

I got to tell ya ,as far as I am concerned you are a year to late ...

I don't know who toflame more TJF or you......

Hey buddy, good job, I really am happy for ya!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that is great! Contest aside, I am really happy for you!

That 10 pointer is a toad way to go!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Brad

Way to go!! Two bucks even!! I wonder if Antler Eater will ever forgive us for letting him down last year?? I told him the bucks I seen last year needed another year to grow and he bought it... so you will have to find another excuse!! [8D]

Congrats again!!

Tim

Quick Reply: Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.