Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Shaft'Em (14) Thread >

Official Team Shaft'Em (14) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Shaft'Em (14) Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Official Team 14 Thread

that looks like a realy nice deer!...i cant do much scouting do to the fact that my timber is all surounded by cornfields so it kind of sucks! ive been shooting a little but it would help if i would quit changing my set up haha...i just bought a MZE and am waiting for it to get here!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:14 PM

I was out in the 104 degree heat today thinking that season opens in just a little over a month. Here's to a cooling trend before then. p.s. if any of you guys are in the path of that monster hitting La. hunker down and stay safe , our prayers are with you.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...doubt I'll get a deer this year with my bow.

I never actually have. Plus, the deer in my area of the state are smaller than most other states' deer.

I'm not sure about this contest. Perhaps the rules oughtta be revised sometime.

Not all of us have multiple buck tags to fill, have enough money to hunt 4 different states, or have big mongo bucks dwelling in the areas we hunt. Seems like even if I shot a big buck it'd be dwarfed by someone in MO, or KS, or MI, or somewhere else.

Anyways...I'll try my best to shoot a deer.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:34 AM

hey its no big deal if you get a deer or not aslong as you have fun trying! To me thats what this whole contest is about anyways just having some fun! I too have yet to shoot a deer with my bow. I hear ya on the whole not being able to afford hunts and eveything but like i said im just out there for the fun im not there to kill a monster. Ill shoot the first thing that comes by me whether its a p&y buck or a little spike. i just want to get that first kill under my belt! besides im a meat hunter anyways!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:47 PM

Wow are we a chatty bunch or what,lol. Sure hope everyones prep. is going well, mine seems to be . Good luck and stay safe
Old 09-08-2005, 02:21 PM

i finally got the name of a landowner amazing woods right behind my house got pis of 150's buck great deer management can't wait.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 AM

Don't worry about it FroMan, the trophy is in your eyes, not theirs. Trust me I've shot a lot of small bucks, and there isn't one that I'm not proud of. I guess if it's something that you wouldn't enjoy taking then don't, but if a spike comes through and you wanna take him go for it. Don't worry about what they're gunna think. All that does is ruin your fun. Good Luck

-Hoyt
Old 09-20-2005, 07:45 PM

Hey all just checking in. Season is not even 2 weeks away and there are still no crops out where i hunt so it may be a toss up wether i even make it out opening weekend on a good note though my bro and i did spot a really nice 8 pointer out in the bean field with the binos about 60 yards north of my stand so thats a good thing. He was with a couple of nice does too. He was really wide but not all that tall so we shall see if hes still around in the next few weeks!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:45 PM

Hey guys how bout everyone checking in to make sure we are all still on board.Not many post being made so I think it might be time for a quick check in. Good luck and stay safe. Mark
Old 09-30-2005, 01:30 PM

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone good luck. Illinois season starts tomorrow and I am more than ready. I will be in Brown County tomorrow morning waiting for the big boy. Sure cant wait to spend some time with mother nature.

Quick Reply: Official Team Shaft'Em (14) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.