Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread >

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

MNRut where are ya huntin and where do ya live....I am here in central MN deer everywhere....shouldnt be to overly tough
Old 09-01-2005, 12:25 PM

TeeJay, I'm down here in LaCrescent MN.It's in the very southeastern corner of the state, Houston county. There are plenty of deer in my part of the state also. Lots of farmland producing some bruiser bucks too. The areas I hunt have pretty good genetics too. Countin' down the days buddy! Good luck to ya!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Gettin pumped. 15 days until WI starts rolling! Good luck!
Old 09-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any one huntin this weekend?
Old 09-03-2005, 06:28 PM

Expectations on Deer are about a 160 to 180 class Mule Deer or a 145 to 155 Whitetail. I will be bow hunting from about September 15th to December 31st and I will probably get 40 days of total hunting in during that period. I have a muley all picked out that should easily go about 180 class and he is my real target for September 15th - 20th along with a real nice Elk. Really depends upon what the weather does as to what will happen but I am in Idaho and Montana from the 15th to the 30th.

Remember to go out there and have some fun.

Broadheads....My Crimson Talons are really performing well 100 grain on 300 grain Carbon Express arrows cut to 27.5 vaned with Limbsaver vanes shooting out of a Mathews Switchback at some wicked speed too fast to think about. I am hitting my mark from 10 yards to 55 yards.

Hoping to get at least several of the hunts on film this year.

Kevin
Old 09-04-2005, 10:51 AM

Sounds great, CTOGuide. Maybe we could get you to post some of the footage.

Best of luck!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Season opened here for early archery, as normal,on Sept 1 and goes until Sept 9. Then firearms opens on the 10th and it's not likely I'll do much hunting from then until November.

So - usually I hit the early season with a passion. Only trouble is, this year the game department - in its infinite wisdom - scheduled a youth firearms season to coincide with early archery. First morning I had 3 bucks (including a nice 4x4)working their way directly toward me when 3 shots rang out 2 or 300 yards away at another deer. Everything scattered. Needless to say, I'm not too happy with the game dept. and, unless I can sneak out for a quick hunt before work this week, that's about it for awhile.

But fear not, we have a great late season for archery also. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the ones the rest of you bring in.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sucks to be you Canuck....wish ya the best later on
Old 09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im gearing up for the OCT 1st season here in PA , shooting some tight groups, cant wait to hit the woods runnin and gunning!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:00 PM

Well my bullet backpacker came in the mail last week. I tried it out on Friday and it was awesome. 2 great things, first the comfort of the stand, and second the ease of climbing. Onlydown fall is that it takes 5-10 minutes to set up the stand in the woods. I'm planning on shooting out of it Saturday. HopefullyI can get help from someone to retrive the arrows for me . Better then shooting 6 arrows and climbing backdown andrepeating.

I'm still looking for places to hunt with a little luck. My options have increasedwith the purchase ofmy climbing stand.

One week away. Friday evening and the weekend will be the first hunts for me.

kk

Quick Reply: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.