Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread >

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

I am finally here sorry for the delay. I have been preparing for Elk Season in Idaho. Tags bought and the area has been scouted..
Old 08-28-2005, 09:05 AM

If I remember right we get to score the first deer we take with a bow and that score totalled up between us all is the one that gets us our team win. Mule Deer or Whitetail ok.

I have a whitetail in VA that I have been spotting that will go quite high and a Muley in Idaho that will go over 30 inches..

K
Old 08-28-2005, 11:04 AM

Hi, CTOGuide, and welcome to the team! We've been looking for you!

Yep, the rule is to enter the first buck you get, whitetail or muley, doesn't matter - although the mulies have their score multiplied by .86 (I think) to reduce their scores. So, get one of them as soon as your season opens, and make sure it's BIG! j/k; if we each tag out - big or small - we'll have a really good chance to win.

And, don't be a stranger. There's lots of smack to be laid down on the 'lesser' teams!!

Old 08-28-2005, 06:25 PM

I will work on not being a stranger. We have 2 or 3 muleys that I will be chasing come September 12th when I get back into Idaho, and will be looking for Elk at the same time. My partners have seen two Muleys that are 30" or better and one nice one that is 28" with heighth that will make you quiver. I also have a couple of whitetails that are very nice.

I am shooting a Mathews Switchback with a Rhino Sight and a Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest. Getting amazing groupings at Sub 40 yards and still could use more practice.

I am currently shooting about 100 arrows a night, starting to get all excited about the season.

K
Old 08-29-2005, 04:56 PM

Hi guys,

I'm having more fun! I switched to broadheads today, and those Liberty Heads I was switching to this year are giving me headaches. I have a TR Drop Zone, and my blades keep contacting that handy little arrow holder sitting there on my arrow shelf. Ain't archery fun? [:@]

Anyway, I guess I'll switch broadheads (again). My old Sonics have performed very nicely, but they still look so dang small. I also have a couple of old 4 bladed Stingers that - contrary to what everyone says - are dull as all get out. I'm also thinking of auditioning some Slick Tricks or some Atoms (expensive, but they look awesome).

So, if you were going to try any broadhead, what would you try?

Old 08-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Hey gang.

I just got back from a couple weeks away and I see we have all team members now present and accounted for. Excellent! As was stated above, if we all hang our tags on deer, we have a fine chance of giving the other teams fits.

Our season opens this Thursday (Sept 1), but work will probably keep me away from it until the weekend. I also have to reset my sights now, since I was just in the provincial Seniors Games and shooting 35, 45, and 55m (~38, 49, and 60 yd) BTW, got silver medal. Of course, my broadheads need to be set up and other gear readied too.

Go get 'em, boys.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM

Congrats Canuck 2,

I don't think I could even hit the target at 60 yards.

I'm still looking for places to hunt here in Indiana. I do have 3 places to go but could use more.

KK
Old 08-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys , im so ready to hunt this season , i jsut hope i can get a bit of time off school to get home and hit the woods, i only live 45 mins from home so i might just drive home and catch the evening hunt on some days...should be fun!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey fellas...i'm back puter was down for a couple of days
Old 09-01-2005, 06:55 AM

Default RE: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

HeyGuys,

Just checkin in again. I don't get time to chat much right now, but within the next week or two I'll bearound more often. Anyways,I'm friggin pumped for the seasonto start! Two short weeks left here in MN. I'm kind of curious as to everyone's expectations for the season? Have any of you established any size limits? I plan on taking nothing less than a 120" deer.Ifigure ifI need meat there are plenty of does to harvest. Anyways,we all need to just stay optimistic and hunt hard.Looking forward to an exciting season with you guys!

Quick Reply: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.