Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread >

Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

Well back from Ct. and what a great hunt. I scored 3 times on the first two days. Sorry to report that my partners blanked out. I sat with my oldest grand son and watched him freez up on a doe he put the gun on it and followed it but didn't pull the trigger. Plus he missed 2 and saw 2 others that he didn't shoot at. His dad missed 2. They are back in Ga. now licking their wounds. My other buddy never saw a deer. Hard to belive after I saw so many. I guess some years just go like that. Well thats 6 for me so far this season which is my best so far. Got one more week of bow season left here then shotgun followed by black powder. Then thats it till next year. But thats not till Jan 1. so still a long time to go. Good luck and keep them comming. Its not over till its over. Mike
Old 11-20-2005, 11:46 PM

I am going hunting for the first time this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They said they have seen several deer. I hope I get to see a couple.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Fork Horn

sorry fpr not checking in much. I've had a rather uneventful season so far. Only little bucks. I haven't even had a shot on a doe! I gained a new addition to the family on nov 8th at 10pm! 7lb's 8oz and beautiful! Maybe now I can do a little more hunting!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

congrats...nice baby....lol...ur gonna have to start takincare of the baby instead of hunting now!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:58 PM

hey way to go skin dog, good looking newbie there.

i have been so busy winterizing around the houseandworking that i don`t even have time to actively participate in the making of a baby right now

hunting, possibly this weekend.
but then again after talking about how long it`s been,
i may just have to see what the wife has planed

not to worry,i`ll make it out sometime this weekend. probably sunday afternoon.

PT
Old 11-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats skin dog!!! Is she going to be a future hunting buddy?

Well you guys, I've made a huge change in my hunting season. Rifle season is coming up next Monday, and normally I would take my rifle out. But I really wanted to get a buck with my bow this year, especially after I wounded that 8 earlier. To me, after all the work and sweat I put in this year, taking my rifle out and popping one with it, almost feels as though I'm cheating myself.

So my decision is that i am going to leave my rifle in the truck and take my bow out during rifle season and see if I can't get lucky just one more time. If it doesn't happen during rifle season, then my ML will come out for the late season though. That still requires me to get the deer really close. (I'm using an open sighted flinter). I want to get a buck this year, but it's more than just killing them to me, I enjoy the hunt. And up close and personal is the only way to hunt!!!

So I guess what I am really trying to say is that I'M BACK IN!! Hopefully I'll get lucky!
WISH ME LUCK!!
Steven
Old 11-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I went out this morning(our coldest this year). Our gun season is coming to an end and I've been bowhunting the entire time. I've taken the gun along the last few trips cause I've been seeing so many yotes! Shot one this morning just before sunup. Stupid thing decided to sit in the green wheat and howl and bark. I kept thinking, "Just a couple more minutes and I can see you"! Thank goodness for leuopold! I couldn't see her with my eyes but the scope drew plenty of light and dropped her in her tracks with a perfect shot. I saw 6 yotes today and got running shots at 2 more but missed. No wonder I've been seeing so few deer. Even if they don't kill many, they have to have some effect when they are so visible. I'm gonna try and knock a dent in em come january.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

skin_dog, congrats a beautiful little girl! Being a father is just the best thing in the world!

I haven't been bowhunting in a week and a half, but going out this afternoon. Nice SE wind might let the big boys come out of their bedding area to the cornfield...they need to replenish after the rut. I'll be in between those two areas.

Season's not over yet...still have a month and a half here in IL.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be out tommorow, but I'll be shooting the first slickie that walks by! Need some freezer meat. Hopefully a P&Y messes up first.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:42 PM

I am sorry I did not update you guys about my hunt sooner. I had a great time. I saw 20 squirrels and over 200 crows! I did not see any deer, but I think I heard one (Another hunter told me he saw one 100 yards from my stand). I hope to get back out during Christmas break, but things may change.

Quick Reply: Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.