Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread >

Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

Hey guys,heres a link to the full story for your viewing plessure.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1286902
Old 11-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, .308

Boy, wouldn't you know it...had the whole week off of work to hunt, EXCEPT for today. It's only 32 degrees out this morning, w/ a light NW wind...just absolutely perfect for me...oh well. I've tomorrow, the weekend and next Wednesday before Shotgun Season starts here in IL.

I did have an opportunity to shoot at a nice deer, but he had one of his antler's gone. It was either 6 or 7 points on the one side...hopefully, he makes it through the year...will be an awesome deer next deer...160-170 range I would imagine. He's in the 150's right now (assuming the right antler is similar to his left).

Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 PM

hey way to go 308, perfect size for grilling.
seriously,nice looking deer, great shot.

i`m waiting on one more 3 day weekend of the rifle season to be over. then i`m hard at it again the following weekendtill the end of the year. hoping for a buck but i can get 4 doe and a buck so, one at a time if need be.

PT
Old 11-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

WELL I hit a nice buck tonight it was about 3:40 PM and all of a sudden he was right there in front of me I grabed my bow and stood up real fast (stupid me) but he didn't see me thank god but he looked at me while I was standing there and for 15 min he watched me as he walked towards me so slow (don't ya hate that) any way I guess he figured I was a good tree and he turned to walk back and I drew and shot. I had to rush the shot cause I had this branch that I have been saying since opening day I need to cut but didn't in my way. I think I hit him a little far back. so I figured I'd wait until 4:00 and get down and look at my arrow and figure out what to do then. Well about 3:55 I caught movement comming from where the buck went. It was a buck but I coulden't tell if it was the same deer or not. The second one seemed bigger. He stayed 50 yards out in some thick stuff so there was no chance of a second shot. At 4:20 I got down out of my tree stand and went to find my arrow. I looked for a while and coulden't find it. But there was a lot of blood. I followed it for 60 or 70 yards and found 3/4 of my arrow from the fletch to the nock was missing. It didn't appear to have any gut on it. Any way it was starting to get dark so I got out of there I will take a stand in the morning till 9:00AM and see if I can find it after that. Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. I know I can't enter it cause I already have one entered but its still exciting. Gonna be hard to sleep tonight.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys.......sorry I didn't get it done this year[&o]. The season closed about 4 hours ago, and my buck tag is still unfilled[&o][&o][&o]. More than likely, if I get a buck this year..it will be with my rifle. There is still a chance, but don't put your hopes onme.

Hope you guys have better luck than me.

On a bright note, I saw two of the largest buck I've seen all year, friday night, and then again today. I saw a large half-rack 4 pt last night (rattled him in) and a huge 6 or 8 pt this morning...he was wider that his ears.
Both were out of range, 45 and 60 yds respectively.

GOOD LUCK, bring some bone in for us!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK another one on the meat pole for me. I found my 4 point buck just when you think all hope is gone low and behold there ya go. No pic of this one guys didn't have time put him in the truck checked him in and then right to the butcher. Maby get one of his horns. Siked for Ct. gun opener on Wed see ya when I get back Mike
Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Mike!! You're really putting them down this year!!
COngrats again!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Mike!

Well guys, I had a close encounter w/ a giant 12 yesterday morning. He was chasing a doe along w/ another buck. Got within about 10 yards, but when a buck is chasing a doe, forget about it. When that doe stops, so will he...and she wasn't ready yet. Sooo, here comes the gun season, which I'll be partaking in, but don't know how many more times I'll be out in the woods w/ my bow.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to Hoytteen also guys.

This young guy put some more inches on the board for us!!

Well slug season is upon us right now, so I just hope they don't slaughter my deer. I will be out next week for another hoo rah. They are starting to move a little more. My dad shot a 120" 10 pointer on Monday, and I saw a nice 8 chasing a doe in the field one night on my walk out. It was too dark to shoot, so I watched as they ran by at 20 yards numerous times.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats hoytteen!!! Thats a nice buck you put down....wish I could have got one this year.

CONGRATS AGAIN!

Quick Reply: Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.